~ Chapter 31 ~

Felicity felt confused when she saw the text from Oliver, but despite him lying or omitting (which was basically a lie of sorts) Sara being with him on that island for a time, she missed him too. And no matter how distracted she felt by the case she was helping Barry on, she wanted to talk to Oliver. Badly.

Maybe it was stupid, but she was still completely and utterly in love with him. He just kept disappointing her. He seemed to keep doing that.

"Felicity, you okay?"

She looked up at Barry and gave him a soft smile.

"Yeah, Bare. It's just Oliver wanting to reconcile."

Barry raised his eyebrows at that.

"What are you going to do?"

Felicity shrugged.

"I mean, I'm going to talk to him. Maybe he doesn't deserve it, but I want to let him explain." She looked down at her phone again to see him send her another message.

I really am sorry.

She sighed at the message. Barry just looked at her and sighed with her.

"Come on, Smoak. We've got a case to solve. Oliver can wait. He deserves that much."

Felicity laughed a bit, "Hey now!"

Barry laughed along with her as Joe came back from talking to other cops on the scene.

"Time for lollygagging is over, youngin's. We got work to do." Joe said, stifling a laugh himself.

"Did that actually just come out of your mouth?" Barry asked him.

"Thought I would try out some new lingo. Doesn't seem to fit my style." Joe laughed.

"Or anyone's." Felicity murmured under her breath, and Barry and Joe just shot a glance at her.

"Well well, she speaks." Joe said, laughing.

Felicity laughed out of embarrassment before saying, "I'm sorry. I've been a bit distracted. Won't happen again, sir."

"No no, sir was my father. And, my superiors. And, Felicity... your distraction is understandable. I keep up with the news. Your fiancé being miraculously alive is a lot to take in." Joe responded, and looked at Felicity with understanding eyes.

"Thank you, Mr. West. I just needed time and something else to focus my mind on. I'm one of those people who have to stay busy in times of uh, distress." She said, babbling as usual.

Joe nodded, and Barry put his hand on her shoulder.

"Then let's offer you something to keep busy with." He smiled at her before returning his eyes back to Joe, "What's the update, Joe?"

"All we know is that some maniac has some type of modified gun and is robbing places. We don't have much else to go on." Joe said, sounding disappointed.

"Well, maybe I can help in that department. You have any videos of him or him using the gun? Maybe I can track down the gun through visual recognition and where the gun was made, and then ultimately, him." Felicity suggested, smiling at Joe.

Joe nodded, smiling as well.

"Can we keep her?" He looked to Barry.

"I sure hope so." Barry answered, smiling.

Felicity just looked between the two, and laughed. She followed both of them to their next location, leaving the phone with the message from Oliver unanswered. Barry was right. As much as she loved him, he deserved to wait for her to think things through on her end. After all, at least he was apologizing. That was a step in the right direction. But, it was just a step. It was going to take a lot for them to get back to a good level of trust.