~ Chapter 7 ~

Felicity woke up with the worst headache.

She remembered some of what went on the night before, she especially remembered drinking shot after shot, and she mentally punished herself for doing it, and thinking it was okay. She knew that she only did it because it was Oliver's birthday, and she really didn't want to go through that day sober, but it didn't make it okay.

She groaned, and got out of her bed, thoroughly impressed that she had changed into her pajamas last night before crashing. She looked at herself in the mirror, and had come to the conclusion that she looked like absolute death, and that she needed coffee. So, she made her way to the kitchen to fix herself the genuine lifesaver and miracleworker.

When she reached for the coffee cups and began fixing it, she patiently waited for her coffee machine to warm up. As soon as the coffee began pouring in her cup, she smelled the grand aroma of her caramel-enriched coffee. She grabbed the cup once it was finished, and gingerly drank the coffee, letting the smooth liquid just fall down her throat.

"Mm." She hummed, walking to the couch, and sitting down while placing her cup on the coffee table.

When she put the coffee cup down, she noticed something missing.

Something really important.

Her finger gazed over her hands, feeling the absence of her engagement ring.

"No, no, no, no." She whimpered, frantically getting up and searching for it.

She tore her room apart, looking in the knooks and crannies of every spot she could think of. But, it was nowhere to be seen. She started becoming hysterical, not knowing what to do, what to think if she had lost the last thing Oliver gave her. It didn't make sense that it had come off somehow... She never took it off. Ever.

"Felicity, you're allowed to take the ring off for washing your hands or dishes, and showers and baths, and sleep." Oliver laughed, looking at her washing her hands with her ring still on.

"No. I'm never taking it off." Felicity smiled at him, drying her hands.

Oliver just laughed, coming up and hugging her from her behind. She just breathed in his scent and put her hands on top of his. He kissed her cheek, and leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"I love you for that, you know?"

She turned around in his embrace, until she was facing him. His hands were still around her waist, and they tightened when they were facing each other.

"I love you too, Oliver." She smiled.

"I have to go in to work today, but I'll bring you back your favorite for dinner?" Oliver asked, stepping out of the embrace and grabbing his coat.

"Sure, that sounds great." She smiled at him, and looked back at her dirty kitchen.

"I gotta clean, anyway." She muttered to herself.

"The kitchen looks fine, Felicity." She heard Oliver laugh at the door.

She just turned around and eyed him, smiling.

"So, tonight? Dinner and then a movie?" He asked, opening the door.

"Yeah." She smiled.

As he was about to leave, she muttered, "You should just move in already."

He turned around as soon as she said it, and she mentally punched herself in the face at least twenty times.