~Chapter 3~

"Felicity?"

Felicity looked up to see Diggle coming into her office. She had finally livened up the place, decorating it with pictures of her and Oliver, her and her mom, and some of her dog, Ophie. She had gotten her when Oliver died. It just made things easier, and it made life a little happier.

"Dig? What are you doing here?" She smiled, getting up from behind her desk to go hug him.

She hadn't really seen John all that much since Oliver's death. They tried getting together every now and then, but it just never really worked with how sad she was that she had lost Oliver, and how mad he was at the world for taking away his best friend. But, now he had Lyla, and they were doing really good, and from Felicity had heard, Lyla was making Diggle happy again, and he deserved to be happy.

Even though seeing them together made her sad, and a little bit jealous, she was happy for them, regardless.

"I just wanted to come see how the new VP of Palmer Industries was fitting in." He laughed, looking thoroughly impressed with the office.

"Oh, you heard about that, huh?" She sort of blushed, feeling a little shy about it all still.

"Of course I heard about it! I'm happy that you're moving up in the world!" He smiled, looking around her office.

"Oh, I remember this. This is the date that you begged me to bring Lyla along to make it a double-date." He laughed, as he picked up the picture of her and Oliver smiling, while sitting in a booth in their dinner-date attires.

"It took me almost an hour to convince you it was a good idea!" She laughed along with him, remembering it too, almost too clearly.

It was one of their first dates since Oliver had officially asked Felicity to be his girlfriend... It still seemed weird thinking of herself as Oliver Queen's girlfriend... They acted like so much more. The terms boyfriend and girlfriend just didn't serve what they were justice.

Felicity, of course, was freaking out about it. I mean, this wasn't like their "first date" at the Italian restaurant. That one made her nervous, but they weren't together. They just were friends trying to be something more... It didn't work out then, of course, because it was Oliver, and he didn't know how to put his feelings out there, but now that they were really together, and it was all just really mind-rattling.

Then, she had a bright idea. She would invite Diggle and Lyla. They were just starting out too, with their relationship, and maybe that would just make the evening less serious and less frightening, and more fun... Like dates were supposed to be. She didn't want to move too fast with Oliver... Even though she knew that she was in love with him, she didn't know if he was in love with her, and she didn't want to mess anything up. Not now... Not when it had just begun.

So, she spent an hour on the phone with Diggle, telling him to come, convincing him that it was a good idea, and that it would be the best thing to do. Eventually, she ended up threatening him into it, and they finally all made it to the restaurant.

"So, I see you invited guests to our date." Oliver had whispered in her ear when Diggle and Lyla came into view of their table.

"I just thought it would make the evening more enjoyable." She whispered back, lying about why she really invited them.

"We don't have anything to be nervous about, Felicity. We're together now." He whispered back, seeing right through her, just like he always did.

She just kissed him on the cheek in response, and smiled when Diggle and Lyla sat down to join them.

It was a night of laughs, and so many bad jokes, but fun nonetheless. They talked about random things, from military lives, to Felicity's bad workout routine. It was a night of endless joy, and it reminded Felicity that friends were the best part of life... that living a life without friends to laugh with and just enjoy the little things would be simply unimaginable.

Blank Spaceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें