"Seriously?" I wondered aloud.

"I was joking" He smirked "again. Although it seems I'm not very good at that"

I didn't respond but nodded in agreement.

"Come on" He gestured down to the open car door.

"Seriously no werewolves?" I asked him as I slipped into the car seat.

He laughed shaking his head "I'm sorry to burst your bubble little one"

I pouted as he slammed the car door pushing my bag to the bottom of the cars floor. The car was fancy and could tell well looked after, if I was some car expert I could of told you the make but I didn't get a look.

Nathan was joining me on the other side of the car in a matter of seconds while I was still strapping myself in.

"What about fairies?" I asked him as he pulled the car out of park.

He glanced over at me his lips turning up into a teasing smile "Oh yeah, pink fairies, blue fairies. We have them all"

I glared over at him "I'm being serious"

"We don't have fairies" He said finally as he steered the car forward out of the gateway "or werwolves"

"Is it just Vampires then?" I asked feeling slightly annoyed there isn't any other mythical creatures around.

He changed gears before saying "Basically"

"Basically?" I echoed not liking this answer.

His eyes grazed over mine for a second "Of what I know of"

"And what do you know of?" I was pushing a lot of questions but he didn't seem to mind.

"I know of, stories and legends" He said looking straight on the road ahead "When you've been alive a long time you hear a lot of myths Lailah"

"But that's what they are right?" I asked "just myths?"

"Weren't vampires just myths once?" He wasn't looking at me but he was smiling slightly at the thought,

He had a point ...

I turned away from him and looked over out the window instead. Trees and trees was all I saw. I had no idea where we were.

"Where are we going?" I said asking the question I should of asked in the first place.

This time he did look at me "My home"

"Not the palace" I objected sitting forward in my seat. I absolutely refuse to see any other Royal vampires this weekend, he was enough to handle.

"No not the palace" He shook his head "The palace is my mother's home"

"You don't live in the palace?" I questioned. He was after all royalty, don't they all have to live in a palace?

"Sometimes" He said "but everyone needs an escape"

"You're taking me to your escape?" I clarified

"It's only fitting" He said glancing over to me with a smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked cluelessly

"You're both my escapes" he explained.

I paused, unsure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

~

Nathan pulled the car up onto a long driveway, the house at the bottom disguised by the crowd of winding trees and vines.

We had been on the road for a while before Nathan then headed down a winding forest. We had been on it for the past twenty minutes and I knew we were not only far away from the school but from anyone anywhere.

This would be the perfect place for serial killers ... Oh just great. I'm not going to sleep easy tonight at all.

Nathan stopped the car in front of the house and I finally got a good look of it. It wasn't huge but it was definitely pretty, a cute cottage with growing ivy creeping up the side. It was like a house you'd find in a fairytale.

Nathan was out of the car in a few seconds and just as I was about to open my car door it was pulled open before me.

I sighed as I hopped out swinging the bag over my left shoulder "I can do it myself you know"

"Call me old fashioned" He smirked his eyes dancing over my face as he spoke

"I'll call you sexist instead" I muttered pushing past him "can we go in?"

"I don't know ..." He drawled from behind me "are you sure you want to spend your weekend alone with such a sexist vampire?"

"As long as you don't open the house door for me I'll be fine" I replied.

"Sounds like a deal" Nathan said as his hand fell to my arm steering me in the direction of the front door.

When we were on the porch Nathan turned the key in the door but then turned to me with an expecting look "You going to let me in little one?"

"And you've got to stop calling me that" I said as I joined his side grabbing hold of the handle to push open the door. It was a heavy door but I managed it with a push.

"What?" He questioned as he gestured for me to enter the house first "Little one? Surely not"

I walked inside the house and was greeted with the warmth of a cosy living room. It was all open planned, the living room next to the kitchen the stairway up to the upstairs planted in the middle. It was so nicely furnished, all the colours matched. It looked like a real home ...

"What do you think?" His voice came close behind me.

"It's ..." I searched for the right words but they didn't come.

Nathan hands brushed my shoulders as he leant forward to hook his thumbs under my bag straps "Now I'm going to be very sexist here and carry your bag upstairs, is that ok?"

I frowned but nodded anyway as my bag was taken from me.

"Follow me little one" He said lowly

I looked up at him "I said to stop calling me that"

"Why?" He asked giving me a testing look.

"Because I'm not little" I complained "I may be short like a munchkin but I am not little"

"You are very little to me Lailah" he objected before turning round and leading the way upstairs.

Huffing to myself for a moment I had no choice but to follow him.

***********************************************

Updated guys! Should be sleeping but you guys are more important ;)

Hope you enjoyed now things are starting to get interesting :p

Xx