Chapter 17

Killian's POV

I waited for Emma to come over and I was nervous about her learning what is going on. I mean yeah its bad, but its not as bad as she might think. Well maybe it its Im not quite sure. I made sure I closed and locked every window and door. I shut all the blinds and just waited. Then there was a knock and when I looked out the peephole it was Emma.

"Come in Swan." I say letting her in.

"Thanks. Nice place, but why is all your curtain's and blinds closed?" Emma asks.

"Well we can never be to careful. Now  Swan do you know what this is?" I ask removing a blanket off a box.

"Its a box on a coffee table with a rare egg thing. Killian whats going on?" She asks.

"This is what they want." I say.

"They want some old, most likely priceless egg. That makes no sense to why your involved in this and why they kidnap people. Now explain." She says.

"Okay. It all goes back to my great-grandfather. He was apart of a group a long time ago and they stole things mostly from rich people to make themselves rich. This kind of thing is also what my grandfather did and even my own father." I say.

"So you come from a long line of thieves?" Emma questions interrupting me.

"Swan quiet. As I was say my father was also apart of this group along side his friend Silver. Silver's family had been apart since the beginning as well. Now this egg was the last thing my father ever stole. He had stopped that life when he met my mother." I say.

"That is so sweet." Emma says interrupting me again.

"Swan." I say.

"Sorry. Continue." She says.

"Anyway... Silver told my father to give him this egg cause it was worth maybe a million dollars at the time, but my father refused and moved far away. Years past and my father and I were on our way home after spending sometime together in the park when a man with a gun shot my father and then kidnapped me." I say.

"And thats when you learned this story?" Emma asks.

"Oh my god Swan shut up." I say.

"Sorry again." She says.

"To answer your question no thats not how I learned this story. The man was Silver and I was no more then 12 and he told me that if my father comes through and hands over the egg I would be spared. My father never showed and I wasnt sure if he had died or if the egg was more important then me. So I heard Silver talking saying that time was up. That night I finally found a way out and I ran. I made it all the way home to find my mother a mess and my brother trying to help her. Liam was 16 and when he saw me he was over joyed and I told him about what happened. He said our father had died and losing him and me made our mother miserable. Then he handed me a letter my father wrote just for me. It had the whole story in it and he mapped out where the egg was. Liam and I searched for it we found it and headed home to get our mom so we could start a new life. Though when we got there our mother was dead and Silver was there with his group of people who had taken me. He had then placed a gun to Liam's head and told me to hand the egg over or I would lose another family member and really be alone." I say.

"Okay, but Liam is alive and you have the egg. So I dont see how... Right... I'll shut up." Emma says.

"I did trade the egg for my brother's life. Since we were all alone we had to move in with our mother's parents here in Maine. So the night before we left I snuck into the place I was held captive and I stole the egg back. This egg was the last thing my father stole, it was also how my parents met. I wasnt gonna let that asshole have it. Now its worth over 10million dollars and thats why they want it. They had come for it years ago, but never found it. Though now they have been watching me finding out who I care about all so they can have it. Now they wont do anything to Liam cause he and I arent as close anymore because he was pissed I stole it back to being with. My ex was working for them and she almost took it. Then when I joined the force I was sure David was trust worthy. Now everything is crazy and I need your help. If you still want to help me. I know giving this is what I should do, but I cant. To my father it represents the life he gave up to have a family and to me this is the last thing I have of my father. So Emma Swan if you want to help me then please do. Im asking you for help, but I must warn you helping me find another way around this to get them all locked up and get my friends back might cost you. You could die or worse they could come for your daughter. So Swan you still want to help?" I ask.

She said nothing she just stood there was an adorable incisive face.

"Yeah I'll help, but under one condition. We are equal in this. Your not going to be completely in charge of this." She says.

"You know what Swan if this means everyone wont be harmed and I get to watch that man rot in jail. Then okay its an equal partnership." I say.

She then reached out her hand as if we needed to shake for this agreement, but I did it anyway. I really hope things work out for the better and... Damn her hand is soft.