Chapter 4

Emma's POV

This place was new and it seems that Lily and I are doing okay here. The people are nice and my boss is letting me come in alittle later then anyone else and leave earlier because of my daughter. Everyone has been very welcoming all, but Killian. Though he's a jerk so I dont see that changing anytime soon.

"Mommy... I feel yucky." Lily says.

"Where does it hurt Princess?" I ask.

"My tummy." She says.

"Okay lovely go lay down." I say.

Great just what I needed my daughter isnt feeling well. I guess I'll get someone to watch her for now and then head off to work. If I call in sick sure David wont mind, but my so call "Partner" will I dont know use it against me.

"Dont worry Emma I'll take good care if her." Snow says.

"Thank you." I say.

As I left I can only think of one thing am I a terrible mother for leaving her? No I have to keep this job to keep us off the streets. I was walking into work and Chief Nolan opened the door when he saw me.

"Detective Swan, my wife called me. Are you sure you dont want to stay home with your daughter today?" David asks.

"Well I would, but with Killian trying to find away to make it look like your playing some favorites game and trying to get me to either quit or be fired, I cant really take a day off." I say.

"I guess that makes sense and again Swan if Jones wasnt one of our best he wouldnt be your partner. Best of luck cause here he comes." He says and walked away.

"Let me guess your here to say something about how I was later then usually?" I question.

"No. I have a job do and your holding me back. Cant you just go back to where you came from and go hold other people back." Killian says.

"Wow your a real dick arent you." I say.

"Listen Swan I dont know what kind of deal your playing with David or everyone else, but I warn you I will learn about your past and once I do. You will have trouble." He says.

"You know what go ahead find out my life from files. I really dont care it doesnt change anything about whats going on here. Like you think Im playing some game to get people to like me. Its called being nice and being civil. Though you wouldnt know about any of that no would you." I say.

"Your on thin ice with me Swan." He says.

"And you maybe good at your job, but we both know why Chief Nolan stuck you with a partner... Yeah I know about what you did. Now lets go we have a job to do and I'll drive. I really dont think its best you get behind the wheel." I say.

His face was priceless its like no one has ever stood up to him before. Sure he will try to learn about my life, but what he will learn is that I had some trouble with the law when I was a kid, but the one big thing he will learn about me is the one thing he never let me finish about. Huh I wonder if he will sing another tune once he learns Im only late to work and leave early is because of my daughter. Well the ball is in his court now. Lets see what he does.

A/N: Wattpad was acting weird this morning. So this Chapter didnt go through. So now Im posting it. Sorry for this mess up. But here it is I hope you like this Chapter. I just hope you guys like this part