Chapter 14

Emma's POV

After that night I have been with my daughter at almost every moment. I know Im a good mother, but Killian made me feel like a terrible mother. Though I still wanted to help out with this case before whoever this is wants to take more people. Why cant Killian just let me help. Oh wait he's a guy and guys dont ask for help.

"Mommy why you no work?" Lily asks me.

"Well I am just not as much. I dont want to miss you growing up." I say.

"Okay mommy. Can we go to park?" She asks.

"Sure, but first you have to clean up your toys." I say.

"Okay." She says.

After she cleaned up I took her to the park as promised and as I drove past the station I saw Killian in his Police officer outfit and not his detective one.

I wonder what happened though something tells me he got to cocky and thrown off his own case

I wonder what happened though something tells me he got to cocky and thrown off his own case. Once we got to the park I saw David sitting on a bench and as Lily played I walked over to him and sat down.

"So is there a reason Detective Jones is wearing his officer uniform. I thought he got promoted to Detective and was working on a big case. You know the one you through me off of. I told you I could help him." I say.

"Miss.Swan how well do you know Killian?" David asks me.

"Not that well he tells me nothing. I mean when I was in Boston the partner I worked with knew everything about me and I knew everything about him thats what made as a good team." I say.

"Well Killian is wearing that uniform to take a break from his case. He said he needed to push this case away for awhile before getting back to it again." He says.

"That doesnt sound like Killian at all. David are you sure thats whats going on?" I ask.

"Yeah at least thats what he told me. Oh and Miss.Swan you should know that Killian has something that these people want which is why they are taking people he knows. Hell they took Snow from me. That might be why Killian took a step back. Though its best your not close to him cause then you and your Lily would be in great danger as well." He says before walking off.

I looked over at Lily who was playing with her little friends and thats when I realized something. Either Killian really did take a step back or David made him step back because he wants Killian to fail. I thought about all this for a moment. Killian would never willingly step back thats not the asshole I know. David might make me step away, but Killian no way. Also what husband on a police force doesnt freak and try to do everything to get his wife back. Something was really wrong here in this town and Im going to find out what it is.