Another long minute passed by.  "Quinn?," he snapped. 

Quinn opened the door hesitantly and he stared at her nervous face. "I have to go to Helen Deveraux's place to get ready. I didn't find anything to my liking to wear."

Dravon closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He was unaccustomed to dealing with this kind of situation.

"Now," he said, more briskly, "if you want, shall we go? You surely don't want to miss school." It was more a statement than a question.

He opened the door and ushered her outside. Quinn felt energized and ready for anything. The blood running in her veins was magical, giving her tremendous power. She felt different and radiant.

Dravon passed through the luxurious corridor in long strides. Quinn stumbled in her heels as she tried to keep up with him. He run down the stairs, turned back and beckon her to do the same. She followed him downstairs and was surprised when she didn't see the butler opening the main door for them. Instead Dravon himself did. 

They went out the door and to the waiting 1970 black mustang car outside.

"How many cars do you have?,
" she asked as she climbed into the front seat.

"A few," he answered, opening the glove box and took out a bar of chocolate snickers.

"Here, I'd figured you must be hungry." He handed her the chocolate bar which she accepted willingly.

"Hmm, I'm actually ravenous," she murmured, as she tore the packaging and took a big first bite. Dravon watched her as she devoured the entire chocolate, then put the engine to life and drove off. Later, he pulled over to Helen Deveraux's house. Much to her surprise, the door was left semi-open.

Quinn slammed the car door and rushed inside. She was worried about her grand-aunt now. Even if they were not blood-related, she cared about her and most importantly, she was Byron Richard's relative. And she owed them big for the lavish lifestyle they provided her.

Again, her granny's bedroom door also happened to be wide open. Quinn wondered where her grand-aunt's strict companion, Bertha, who occupied the house was. She padded inside to find her profoundly asleep in the antique bed. She had lost her shine in her face and looked rather pale. She hesitated whether to stay there or leave when she sensed a warm presence behind her. She raised her head and darted a swift glance behind her.

Quinn felt Dravon's firm steady hand come to rest on her shoulder. "Go freshen up," he instructed again. "I'll take care of her," he whispered in her ear.

Quinn nodded in gratitude and went to her room for a quick shower. Then she hurriedly put on a casual black dress, wore on mascara and was busy painting her lips red when she noticed Dravon's reflection in the mirror. He leaned against the door, strong arms folded on his chest, sapphire blue eyes intently studying her as she got ready.

She wore red heels and gathered some needy things, then threw them in her berry red bag.

"Here, I'm ready," she said as stood in front of him with satisfaction. Even with six inches high heels, Dravon was taller than her. She saw the way his eyes darkened with desire as they gently rested on her curves.

"Let's go," he said.

*** 

A light rain was falling in Blue Haven. Normally the sound of rain falling on her metal rooftop patio had a calming effect on Jade. Today, she regarded the rain more a nuisance.

She rushed outside, ran towards her mini pink car fumbling with the keys and trying to keep herself dry, she managed to unlock the car door when a car honk annoyed her.