1.8 ✔

***COURTNEY'S POV***
The Sterile Bed
***(This chapter says babe a lot and I just want to clarify that it's in a friendship way!!!)***
I started to open up my eyes but the lights were too bright. I closed them and tried again this time waking up to the sound of beeping monitors all around me and with tubes connected all over my body. Everything was blurry at first but then my eyes adjusted to my surroundings. I started inch up from my laying position when I felt a hand interlace into mine.
"Babe? You okay baby?" Brandon said in a hushed tone.
"Mmm...what? Why? Where?" I said trying to inch up even more.
"No, no, no babe," Brandon said lightly pushing me back down to the hospital bed.
"You can't sit up right now you got to take it easy," he cooed. He then pushed a button on the side of the bed that raised the bed up manually.
"Wait? Babe? NO!!!" I took a big gulp of air and started rambling.
"BRAN AM I OKAY? ARE YOU OKAY? THE OTHER DRIVER? WHO? BRANDON?!" I screamed. A nurse rushed in making sure everything was alright, which it wasn't.
"Excuse me ma'am? Could you please calm down? We don't want to awake any other patients. And I especially don't want you to get even more injured," she nicely asked me.
I took a few deep breaths, and tightly squeezed Bees hand; he then moved my hand which had an IV tube and a heart monitor on my finger and gently kissed it. This allowed me to relax and settle into my bed once again.
"So what exactly happened?" I calmly asked Brandon and the nurse who was checking my vitals.
"Well we were driving home from dance, and a car crashed into the passengers side and you were sitting there. I waited in the car for an ambulance and police car to come when you suddenly blacked out. The ambulance came and you woke up and were dazed, but then you fell fast asleep when we got to the hospital," Bee responded.
"Well that's good to know!" I said sarcastically.
"Ah! Why do I have this freaking painful headache?!" I said holding my hand to my head.
"Oh sweetie it just one of the many Side affects of a grade three concussion." The nurse explained.
I turned my head to have a look out of the floor to sealing window in my hospital room, and saw it was already dark outside.
"Bran you should go and get some rest, go home?" I suggested.
"Babe I don't want you to be here alone!" He said.
"I've got the nurse here and doctors, I'll be fine don't worry about me!" I said.
"Your girlfriend is right!" She said as I blushed, "You haven't eaten anything since you arrived here...must be about six hours or so ago," The nurse said to Brandon.
"You're right," Brandon responded with a sigh, "I'm going to be right back..." he said walking out of the hospital room.
~~~~
"Hey do you want to sit down and talk? It always helps my patients to talk to someone when the need too the most!" The nurse politely asked.
"Umm sure..." I responded.
"Oh and sorry you can call me Lauren!"She said.
(A/N: Sorry... I aspire to be a nurse when I grow up so imma have to add that in there, lol)
"So how are you and your boyfriend?" She asked.
"Umm, well, we aren't exactly boyfriend and girlfriend," I nervously said.
"I am so sorry! My apologies!" Nurse Lauren said.
"No no you're fine! It's just that, I do really feel a connection towards him and I think he feels the same about me." I explained.
"Well I just want to let you know that while you were sleeping he sat here the whole time holding your hand, kissing your forehead, singing to you..." She said.
"It's just so sweet! I met my husband right here; in this very same hospital when I was his patient." She added.
"That is too cute! What is his name?" I asked.
"His name is Matthew, Mathew Espinosa," she said with a dazed look on her face.
(Sorry but Matthew Espinosa is my actual Daddy😻)
"I'd say that he is a keeper, I see it in his eyes. I just want you to know that no matter what happens try and work it out and it'll be fine!" Nurse Lauren informed.
Right as she said that, I heard a knock on the door and bees head popped into the room.
"Did someone order roses?" He said with an eyebrow raised and a big grin.
I shot Nurse Lauren a grin and she laughed.
"Remember what I said..." she whispered in my ear as she left the room.
~~~~
(THE NEXT MORNING:)
We packed up Brandons new car to go home and talked.
"So Alice and Zion left before the crash...they took a short trip to Arizona for two nights so they should be back tomorrow!" Brandon explained.
"Alright," I responded.
"I was thinking you should stay at our house until Alice gets back or until you want to leave?" He suggested.
"Yeah that wouldn't be a problem," I responded tiredly.
"I know you're tired but Austin went to your apartment to pick up some clothes and stuff for you to stay with," he said.
~~~~
When we got home I went straight up to Brandon's room not wanting to talk to anyone. I was just so tired. I went and plopped myself down on the couch in his room when he walked in.
"Hey! You get the bed silly goose!" He exclaimed.
"Okay!" I said without arguing back.
"But could you snuggle with me bestie?" I hesitantly asked.
"No problem little miss Courtney!" He said as he climbed over to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys thanks for reading this story! I know this chapter was pretty emotional, but I have to spice it up a little bit! And as always! Remember to comment, vote, and share my story ❤️
(Ps. I'm trying to think of a name for my fans... comment below <3)