She inhaled deeply. "I need a drink to calm myself," she muttered in a shaky voice.

They all turned to look at her in pure amazement. Ash laughed and handled her a glass of red wine. "I had a feeling you would say that," he beamed a warm smile at her.

"She truly is something," Shade told Dravon who in turn beamed at her in pleasure.

"Yeah. Besides, Dravon never waste time on people he has no use for," Lisa said casually, her round face half hidden behind black silky hair.

She gulped down the red wine. "What do you want from me?," Quinn asked. Dravon shifted his gaze to focus on her pale face.

He crossed the room in languid steps, poised his stunning body against the mahogany table, his face so close to hers and his mouth curved into an irresistible smile.  Her heart skipped at that smile. "We need you to complete the bonding ritual tonight. It's the only super blue moon night after two hundred years," his tone soft and urgent.

She saw the way his eyes darkened. At that moment, she would had given him anything. 

As she gazed beyond him while she thought it over, he took the opportunity to study her again. Her auburn hair was meant for his hands to tangle. Thick long black lashes framed her seductive eyes. The sight of her mouth made his temperature climb.  All he wanted to do was flirt and then kiss her until they were both on fire. Even if she was a Campbell witch.

Her voice broke his thoughts in a flash.

 "I'm in," she said.

*** 

Dravon smiled triumphantly and snapped his fingers. Quinn blinked her eyes and her jaw dropped in fascination. She moved her eyes slowly, taking in her surroundings. They were in the middle of the eerily dark dent forest instead of the palatial Blackwell mansion. A full blue moon had risen above the tall trees, and Quinn could see them clearly.

They were all inhumanely beautiful and she couldn't stop herself from staring when Dravon ripped off his black shirt, revealing a well-built body with a familiar Celtic infinity mark on his left side chest. His raw muscularity and power could be felt from afar. In the moonlight, he looked effortlessly perfect.

He joined the other boys and they formed a big circle. Lisa grabbed a long stick, then encircled them inside. Jade held seven large red pillar candles and placed each one of them near the feet of the boys. The two girls entered the circle. Only one spot was left.

Six heads turned in her direction. Dravon held out his hand in encouragement. Quinn felt a twinge of fear. She hoped she wasn't going to regret this.

You've got this, she reminded herself fiercely. She stepped forward and took his hand.

Everyone took a deep breath, held each other's hand and looked at one another.

"Let's get you familiar with the Shadow World," Dravon hinted.

"It's a world where witches, vampires, fallen angels, demons and other creatures live. It's all around us. Humans are unaware of their existence," Jade said.

"But we all chose to stay here as it all began in Blue Haven. We control this place," Ash proudly said.

"And since Dravon happen to have both angel and demon blood in his veins, he rules it," Lisa added.

"How did you end up with both angelic and demonic blood?," Quinn asked.

He seemed genuinely surprised by her question. No one had dared to rake up his past...except her. As if she was more naive than he had given her credit. Even if she was, she was still a Campbell witch.

"Back in 1817, my uncle conducted a ritual to achieve eternal life.  A huge sacrifice and three types of blood were needed for it — that of a witch, angel and demon. My uncle was already a dangerous wizard, so he only needed the two other liquids. But it backfired and the next thing I knew, I was no more a human...just an immortal with cursed blood," Dravon said icily, his expression grave. His mouth twisted bitterly.

His hand went cold. Quinn knew there was more of that story but did not push it.

"What about you guys, how did you all become supernatural beings?," Quinn turned to them.

"We too, like you, were born here...with the infinity marks. They were invisible to human eyes. Only Dravon knew about them and the prophecy. So he waited till we all were seventeen, then returned back to Blue Haven and offered us, the chosen ones, some of his magical blood. That changed our lives," Jason filled in. 

"It's infinite power, Quinn. We were lucky to be the chosen ones of the prophecy," Shade told her.

"Tell me more about the prophecy please," Quinn said, her eyes gleamed with interest. Dravon's blue eyes flashed and he quoted :

There shall come a ruler of darkness who shall call for the light.

And the land where it all began shall be flooded with darkness.

And the existing ruler's powers shall be threatened.

Seven chosen ones shall fight between light and darkness to save the world.

A  single ruler then shall be immortalized with incredible powers.

"It's simple Quinn. If Dravon loses his powers, we all die. We need you to fight evil," Jade pleaded.

Dravon turned to her and held her gaze. "We don't have much time. The ritual must be completed before early dawn. Once you join forces with us, there's no backing away." He paused a moment and watched her closely. "Ready?," Dravon questioned.

Quinn nodded.

"Let's do it," Ash shouted with enthusiasm.