"Miles is nice, don't get me wrong, but I can't help but think I just like the idea of him. He's amazing and cool but it's like there's this road block in front of me that's stopping me from liking him." I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned towards her.

"Well of course there is. It's the fact that you're not over Grayson." She shrugged as if it was obvious.

"I don't think you'll ever be over him Addison. You love each other more than anything. And you did for so many fucking years. You can't just throw that away in three months." She moves a piece of hair out of my face.

I looked down to the counter contemplating everything.

"Come on! Tonight is our night. Don't worry about it." She grabbed my wrist and dragged me back to my room.

I couldn't stop thinking about what she said. Her words were hitting me so hard.

"You can drive." She tosses me my keys and we walk downstairs.

"Off to another party?" My mom takes a sip of her wine.
I nod my head, "I won't be out late though I promise."

"Have fun sweetie!" Lisa twiddles her fingers towards me.

_____

"I'm gonna go get another drink!" Claire slurred into my ear but I didn't pay attention to her due to the fact that I was too fucked up to care.

I put my hands above my head as I danced with with the unknown sweaty bodies around me.

"You've got moves, Parker." A familiar face caught me off guard. Miles.

I smiled as I slowed down my dancing but was having way too much fun to stop. "I'm gone as hell right now." I panted closing my eyes feeling the beat of the music.

I don't think I've ever seen this fucked up. My brain wasn't straight, I was feeling things I shouldn't be feeling, my eyes could hardly open yet I was still wide awake.

"Maybe we should have you sit down?" Miles chuckled.
I nodded keeping my eyes shut.

He gently wrapped my arm around his shoulder while he walked me upstairs. I stumbled a couple of times but he still held on to me making sure I was okay.

We got into a room and he carefully set me down onto a bed. My eyes traveled the room and on the ceiling seeing a bunch of pictures of writings and beautiful photos of libraries hanging on the wall.

"These pictures-" I stuttered closing my eyes. "They're so meaning full. Is this your room?" I took a gulp trying to catch my breath.

He laid down next to me on his back looking up and the ceiling.
"Yeah." He smiled looking at the pictures hanging on the wall. "I love writing and books. It's kinda been my thing ever since I was little. It was my way of releasing stress."

"It's beautiful." I couldn't keep my eyes off of it.

Both of us were laying on our backs. Both admiring the images that hung on his wall.

"Writing is one of the main things that make me feel like I'm free from everything else in the world." His head turned towards me.

"That's exactly what Grayson says." My hardly opened eyes tried hard to look at him.

"Really? I have been seeing Grayson as a totally different person than that. He kinda seems like a dick." Miles laughed as he scoped out my face.

"He's not." I narrowed my eyebrows. "Grayson is perfect."