Chapter Seventeen Come On

Start from the beginning

     "That's because it is disgusting, and it's not fun." I stop and face him while everything continues slowly spinning, the music seems to get louder, and the people seem to be spinning with the building.

     "Are you sure you are okay?" He asks, studying me wearily. "We could go somewhere and let you rest. My apartment is around the corner."

     "I'm fine for now," I nod. "You wanted to dance. Let's dance." He continues staring at me for some reason as I look around, finding an open spot. The spot shows a direct line of view for Archer as his eyes meet mine. Quickly, I spin Roscoe and me to where Roscoe is in front of me and block the view. I really hope he didn't see me. What if he did? Wait. I smile as Roscoe thinks I'm smiling at him and smiles back. Who cares if they see me having fun? Why should I care?

     I wanna see what Dallas would do. How would he react? I stumble a little causing Roscoe to move and catch me, holding me in his arms as he stares down at me. He suddenly smirks. "You just can't stay on your feet, can you?" He asks as I giggle again for some reason. What is wrong with me? Why can't I think straight? I try to stand up, but he continues to hold me down. "Are you hiding from someone?"

     "Dallas is here." I giggle again. "But I realized I don't have to hide from him." I poke his chest with each word as he chuckles and brings me back up.

     "You sure you don't want to leave? He could do something." Roscoe says, but I shake my head.

     "If he does, I can handle it." I smile like a maniac, imagining how I'd handle it.

     "You're crazy." He smiles as I nod.

     "Tell me something I don't know." I say as a slow song starts, and his hands hold either side of my waist. I hesitate at how low they are but shake my head, ignoring it as I wrap my arms around his neck.

     "You're very beautiful." He says as I look down, covering the blush that formed with my hair. Roscoe thinks I'm beautiful? I wonder what Dallas thinks.

     "Am not." I look away, and through the direct line of view, I see Dallas and Archer watching me. I narrow my eyes for some reason as someone bumps into me, and I fall against Roscoe's chest. I pull back and look up at Roscoe as suddenly a laugh comes out of my throat.

     "What's so funny?" He asks, smiling down at me. I shake my head, unwrapping my arms from around his neck and starting to step back, but he holds me in place.

     "You're eyes are so blue." I say, staring into them for some reason. His smile widens as he shakes his head.

     "You're crazy." He repeats.

     "You know I had a crush on you?" I ask, shaking my head and smiling. "I thought you were hot, and I wanted to be with you, but you're twenty-eight, and I'm sixteen."

     "And?" He asks, narrowing his eyes.

     "It's against the law." I say, giggling again, looking through the view to find them still watching me. Where's Rocco?

     "I didn't take you for a person who follows the rules." He says as I give him a side glance. "Why'd you kiss me?"

     "So you didn't see." I tilt my head, studying his face.

     "So I didn't see what?" He asks, holding my shoulders tighter as I try to step away, but he brings me back to him.

     "What I saw," I say, giggling a little bit. "That hurts." I pout as he looks down at his hands and loosens his grip.

     "Sorry." He shakes his head. "What did you see?" He asks, leaning forward as I stare into his eyes again.

     "So blue..." I say as he shakes me.

     "Ryder." I giggle again.

     "I have a headache." I say, putting out my bottom lip and thinking.

     "Tell me what you saw, and I'll give you something."

     "Everything is spinning." I can't stop myself from tilting back and forth, so he holds me still.

     "What did you see, Ryder?" He asks harshly, making me flinch.

     "Why are you mad?" I ask.

     "I'm not mad." He snaps before bringing a hand up to his face and sighing. "I'm not mad." He says softer.

     "The spinning is getting worse." I say, trying to stand still.

     "Do you want to lie down?" He asks, and I nod, staring at him a little confused. Was he supposed to be spinning like that? I look through the view for Dallas or Archer, but they aren't there anymore.

     "Why is it like this?" I ask, blinking a couple of times before looking at him again.

     "You're drunk." He smiles. "Come on then. Let's go to my apartment." I nod again as he hooks his arm with mine and leads me through the crowd. As the spinning gets worse, I stumble. He grabs my shoulders, pulling me up before wrapping his arm around my waist and holding me to him.

     We make it through the crowd, and he leads me to the door, pushes it open, and walks out. The cold air hit me hard as I look up at the night sky seeing the stars. A street light comes into view, blinding me and making me flinch again. "The light hurts my eyes." I mutter.

     "I know." He says. "We're almost home." He is walking fast for some reason, and my headache gets worse as he turns a corner. He walks to a building door, puts his key in the door, and wiggles it around, trying to open the door, but it doesn't open. "Hold on." He says, letting go of me and wiggling the door more before swinging it open. He grabs me again and leads me inside, closing the door behind us.

     He leads me to another door opening it—a bedroom. Everything in here was spinning, so I couldn't make anything out. All I knew was I just wanted to lie down and sleep. I never want to drink again. He holds me tighter as he walks in before gently laying me on the bed. He grabs my shoulders and sits me up before he slowly starts sliding my jacket off. "What are you doing?" I ask, everything still spinning.

     "You don't want to get hot, do you?" He asks as I shake my head, and he tosses the jacket to the end of the bed. Before I knew it, he was sliding off my shirt too, but everything was spinning so much for me to realize what he was doing when he slid off my pants and laid me back down.

     "Why does my head hurt so much?" I groan as I see him taking off his shirt. I look away, closing my eyes as I feel him get on the bed, his skin touching mine.

     "You'll feel better tomorrow." He says, rubbing my shoulders.

     "Promise?" I ask as everything starts going dark when I feel him on top of me.

     "I promise." Were the last words I heard as everything went dark.