Round 15

I would be having hot sex with Logan right now if I hadn't checked my phone on our way to finding the closest hotel. I wouldn't be in the waiting room of a hospital. Logan wouldn't be running his hands up and down his thighs feeling nervous and anxious. Most importantly we wouldn't have known Karen had been assaulted.

The nurse comes in the waiting area, Monte is on her the second he sees her, "how is she?"

"She's better, she asked me to please have Logan Kane come in. Are you Mr. Kane?" The nurse asks Monte.

Monte moves away as Logan approaches the nurse, "I am Logan."

I watch as the nurse takes him to Karen's room. It's obvious he cares about Karen so I can't understand why he would say she wasn't important to him.

"This is all your fault you know," Monte says sitting across from me. He has a couple of bruises and a bad black eye. I guess Henry finished the fight with a win.

"Shut up Monte," warns Tom who's sitting beside me.

"I am only speaking the truth. If she hadn't taken Karen's clothes and left her damn coat."

What happened to Karen had been meant for me. She was wearing my coat and the people who had hurt her thinking it was me were oblivious. They thought they were teaching me a lesson. Even if I hadn't personally received the message I got it's meaning. I was no longer able to walk the streets without watching my back.

"You want another beating Monte?" I turn to look at Henry who doesn't look at all beaten like Monte. I am relieved to see him and I wish I could just throw myself into his arms but he doesn't seem to happy with me.

"Fuck you!" Monte gets up and walks towards the exit.

"Boy has it bad for Karen. Don't take it personal Bonbon," says Tom.

"Thanks Tom." He gives me a pat in the back and moves to talk to a nurse. Henry seats beside me and looks down at his shoes, "you left."

"I couldn't be in there Henry."

"But you could be with Kane."

I want to reassure him that me and Logan were nothing but that would be a lie. Just hours ago we were in search of a room to do more than talking. Maybe it was the reaction Logan gave me when I told him about my past. Something I hadn't expected. Understanding and respect. Will Henry react the same? I have no freaking clue.

"I'll explain-"

"Don't give me that bullshit Bonbon," he gets up and begins walking away.

I clearly understand why Logan would want me to keep things from Henry but that's doing nothing other than placing different scenarios in his head. I get up and go after him. I find him in his car and get in the passengers side. I lean across and kiss him briefly, "I want you to know the truth."

The drive to his apartment is quite. Once we're inside I take a shower and change into some clothes of mine I had left here before. He has a cup of  tea ready for me once I enter the kitchen. I seat in a stool and try to hold myself together. He stands across from me waiting for me to start.

I realize this man in front of me means more than I say. There's too much fear in me of loosing him for it to not be love.

"I don't want you to stop loving me but I will understand if you do," I say. He runs a hand through his hair and smiles, "I don't think that's possible Frey."

My heart warms at his confirmation.

"There's things you don't know about me Henry."

"I've come to realize that."

"Before I met you there was someone in my life. Someone who hurt me. Physically and emotionally."

"You're telling me-" his hands become fist by his side, "no Frey."

"I was destroyed and unable to open myself up to new opportunities, until I met you. You made me love myself again. You made everything so much less damaged in me."

He turns and looks out the window into the dark night. I can see his veins on his arm and know he's angry. Not angry at me but at what happened to me. "I didn't tell you before because I didn't want you to..." I couldn't finish the sentence. He moves away from the window and comes close to me. He holds my face in his hand, "I would have fallen in love with you regardless Frey. I just wish someone as good as you was never touched the wrong way. It kills me to even think of-"

"I am okay now," I say more to myself than him.

"Are you?" He asks searching for the truth in my eyes.

"I will be," I tell him.

"There's more to this isn't it?" He asks sitting on the stool beside me. He keeps a hand on my thigh for comfort.

"I just wanted to get that off my chest because I've been so scared to tell you but yes there's something else..." He runs a hand across his neck and nods for me to continue. This is where secrets between me and Henry are said. This is were I prove to him that he and his love matter to me. "I saw Alex getting jumped by this gangster and I intervened. I knew I wasn't going to walk out of there safe and sound but I couldn't just walk away."

"Is that why you have the whole Blood gang eyeing you?"

"Alex was being punished for humiliating Zexs son."

"Oh Frey this is some deep shit," he sighs and bites on an apple. "How does Kane fit into all of this?"

"Alex is his younger brother. He's protecting me in a way for saving his brother."

He bites the apple again and nods as if piecing everything together. "I know people who hate those gangster as much as I do. I can help protect you Frey. Nothing is going to happen to you," I lean in an kiss him. I kiss him because his reaction is better than what I was expecting. I feel bad for doubting him.

He pulls me up and I fear both of our weights on the stool might not be the best idea. My phone rings in the distance but Henry doesn't allow me to pull away. He throws the apple on the counter and grabs my legs to wrap them around his waist as he gets up. I feel a smile through the kiss as he moves towards the bedroom. I kiss his cheeks as he opens the door. He throws me on the bed and moves to hover over me.

"I love you Freya," he whispers before locking his lips with mine.

I love you to Henry.