Round 8

I wake up to loud knocks on my door. I throw on some clothes and walk through the small hall and see Alex already sitting up in the sofa.

"Expecting anyone?" He asks.

"No," I say. Ella wouldn't knock so loudly so I am cautious as I move towards the door.

"Careful," Alex says. I nod and turn the knob. When I open the door halfway the person in front of me is the last person I had expected to see.

"Where is he?" He says almost shouting. I can tell he is very angry so I don't open the door all the way.

"Lower your voice and cool down a bit," I say holding the door in place.

"Bonbon this could get really ugly if you don't start talking."

"What does that mean? May I remind you I have a chance when it means defending myself," I hope he remembers the scene in the bathroom. I sure as hell remember the aftermath.

He runs a hand through his hair, "do things always have to be so complicated with you?"

"He wouldn't lay a finger on you. That's a rule we have gone by for far too long," Alex speaks from inside. He moves towards the door and removes my hand from the knob opening the door all the way. Logan looks angrier by the second.

"Hello brother." I look from Alex to Logan. They have similarities like their hair and thick eyebrows but other than that I wouldn't have known.

"You're not dead," says Logan. There's not a bit of worry on his face as he looks at his brother. He's good at hiding his real feelings.

"I would be if it wasn't for Freya."

"Hey! You! Get the hell off my property!" I look down the hall to see Ms. Marin screaming. I push Alex inside and close the door a bit. "You have no authorization to be here!"

"Hey Ms. Marin. It's okay he's a friend," I say hoping the sweet lady calms down.

"Really Freya?" She says slowing down. She looks from Logan to me. "What happened to Henry?"

"Not like that Ms. Marin. He's a friend," I repeat myself.

"Yea right. Well you know the rules Freya. Have a goodnight now." She looks at Logan, "next time introduce yourself."

"Have a goodnight ma'am," Logan says sounding very formal.

Ms. Marin waves a hand in the air and goes back down the hall.

I open the door, "get in."

Logan walks in looking around my place. He stands beside a sofa and looks over at his brother. They look so much alike by the minute yet they're so different.

"What did you do this time?" Asks Logan. Alex snorts a laugh and looks down at his shoes.

"I beat the shit out of Willy."

Logan throws his two hands in the air and curses under his breath. "Didn't you learn anything all those years?"

"Of course I did."

"Then why did you give yourself a death sentence? You also had to drag her into this." He doesn't have to look at me to know he's referring to me. Alex looks defeated.