Round 7

I bite the inside of my cheek as Henry's opponent throws a punch. Henry spits out blood but doesn't give up. Tom looks as worried as I feel.

"Come on Henry!" I hear Karen shout from the other side of the ring. She's wearing a neon outfit that makes her pop in front of the crowd. Her eyes grow big and I turn to the ring to see Henry knock out his opponent. The crowd goes crazy.

I move closer to the front but bump into someone. I look up at a boy in a hoodie with a bruised eye. He mutters sorry and keeps moving. I watch him exit and see three men dressed in black exit after him. Call me crazy but I follow after them careful not to make them aware. They head outside where they pick up their speed and shout to the boy. The boy turns and tries to run but one of them catches him. They pin him against a wall and laugh as they remove his hoodie revealing a bruised face. Much worse then what I had seen.

"Where did you think you were going?" One of the guys asks. His voice sounds too familiar. My eyes widen as I realize who he is. Mike. The guy from the alley the night I followed Logan.

The boy doesn't make a sound as a fist makes contact with his stomach. I move towards not caring about the warning I had gotten before. I couldn't stand by and watch this boy get beaten more than he already is.

"Leave him alone!" I shout. All three turn to me. The boy looks up at me in pain on the ground.

"I can't believe this. You lost again Kitty?" Mike says recognizing me from last time.

"Why don't you leave the boy alone," I say.

"I know you. The chick from the ring, Bonbon." Says another one of them. I decide to use it as an advantage.

"That's me. I am guessing you know Tom. My boss. He's on his way with a few fighters ready to kick your asses if you don't leave that boy alone." I use every bit of confidence I have to convince these guys.

"Lies," says the one who calls me Kitty.

"Fine. Find out for yourself."

They all look at each other and raise eyebrows. "Alright Kitty you saved the kid. You might have just doomed yourself though."

He throws one more hit at the boy and walks away with the other two men. I kneel in front of the boy and try to get him up but it's useless. I take out my phone and dial Ella.

"Ella I need you to drop what you are doing and come pick me up," I say skipping the hellos.

"Are you okay?"

"I am fine but please hurry," I hang up and send her the address.

"Fuck," says the boy trying to push himself up. He fails and leans against the wall.

"Someone is picking us up. I'll take you to the hospital," I tell him.

"No hospitals."

"A doctor-"

"I said no hospitals. I can take care of myself." He wouldn't be in this situation if he could, but I don't say that to him.

"I am Freya. What's your name?"

"Alex."

"What's a young boy like you owing those men?"

"You ask a lot of questions. I am 18 not 13."

I keep my mouth shut for the rest of the time we wait for Ella. She shows up in her work uniform looking in horror at Alex. We help him into the car and I tell her to drive to the apartment. She looks at me like I grew two heads but I tell her I will explain later. She hesitates but helps me. Once we get Alex to my apartment we offer to help him get cleaned but he asks for some privacy.

"What the hell Frey?" Ella says as we hear the bathroom door close.

"I couldn't leave him in the middle of nowhere. He wouldn't go to a hospital."

"You could've called the cops."

"He's the victim. Three thugs were jumping him."

"For a reason. He looks like bad news," she runs a hand through her face. She's clearly more worried than I am.

"Whatever it was no one deserves an unfair fight. But thank you," I tell her. I hug her and plant a big kiss on her cheek.

"Gross," she jokes wiping her cheek. "Will you be okay with him alone?"

"He's just a kid Ella," I say. "I'll be fine."

"If anything I am around the corner," she gives me a smile before walking out.

I go to the kitchen to see what I can make. I am preparing the second sandwich when Alex comes out. He takes a sit in a stool, "where did the other one go? I didn't thank her for the lift."

"She had to go home but don't worry I'll let her know. Sandwich?" I place the plate in front of him.

"Thanks for everything."

"You're welcome."