Round 23

"Stop," I tell Logan before he can come closer. "Both of you need to understand this is what I want."

"Get a fucking clue gentleman," Ken says.

Henry looks pissed.

Logan looks more worried.

"You don't have to do this alone Freya. Not his time," Logan says.

Ken lets out a loud laugh, "you fucking told him."

He yanks my hair and moves behind me. I feel the metal press against my right temple. Henry moves towards me, but Logan stops him.

"You can watch her die or you let us go," Ken tells them.

"Let her go or you're fucking dead," Henry says. I can see he is fighting to not move closer.

I give them a pleading cry, "please just let me go with him."

"No!" They both scream.

"You little slut. Look how crazy you have got both of them," Ken whispers in my ear. I no longer fear for my life but for both Logan and Henry. "Which one do you pick?"

"What?" I ask confused.

"Lullaby they're not going to walk away. So who do you fucking pick to go down first?" He moves the gun to aim at Logan and Henry.

They don't look afraid but I am.

Ken will pool the trigger.

"You fucking coward," Logan shouts.

I have to do something. 

I look at Henry who gives me a small nod and mouths the word remember.

"Now Freya!" he screams.

I grab my right arm and swing it back making contact with Kens face. I watch as Logan pulls out a gun. A loud bam goes out and I drop to the ground. I feel Henry arms around me pushing me to the ground. His body is shielding me and I can't see anything. Another shot goes out and the sound rings in my ear.

"Fuck," Henry curses leaning back. His hold loosens on me and I look up to him. He smiles giving me a reassuring smile.  

I look around and see Ken on the floor. Logan kicks the gun away from him. He turns to me and instead of seeing relief in his eyes I see more worry.

"Freya," Henry says putting his palm on my cheek. "I am sorry I couldn't save you before. I should've known."

"What? No Henry. You couldn't have known."

He struggles to breath and that's when I see it. I cry out and press my hand against his stomach. I try to stop it but there's so much blood. "No no no no please god no! Call an ambulance! Please someone help me!"

Logan comes beside me and takes his shirt off. He uses it to press against the wound. "Help is on the way," he says calmly. How can he be so calm?

God this is my fault.

"Frey this is not your fault," Henry lets out. "You should've never ha-" he groans in pain.

"Shhh... it's okay. You're going to be okay. You have to be. Remember what you said?" I run my hand through his face as tears roll down my cheeks. I can hear the sirens of the police and ambulance coming closer.

"I want a life with you but you are allowed to live one without me to," he whispers.

Logan puts a hand on my back, "it's better if he doesn't talk. He needs to save as much energy as he can." I nod knowingly he is not saying this in a malicious way.

The ambulance arrives and medics immediately help Henry. I am numb as I watch them take him. They refuse to let anyone ride with him so Logan offers to drive me to the hospital after speaking with an officer. He is most likely explaining them what happened. Everyone else had walked out but police forbid anyone to approach the crime scene. Tom and Ella had argued with an officer but I let them know I was okay and they could meet us at the hospital. 

Logan didn't speak.

I didn't speak. I sobbed in silence all the way to the hospital. "You should get that checked out," he says looking at my cheek.

"I just want to see him," I say walking to the waiting room.  A nurse had already confirmed Henry had arrived and he was in surgery.

I sat in a chair. 

I paced back and forth.

I went to the bathroom and cried.

I came to the same stupid chair and waited.

I repeated the same routine.

Ella tried to calm me down. But how could I? Henry was in there because of me.

If he- I shake my head. I wouldn't be able to survive that.

Hours passed.

So much regret filled me. Realization that I wasted so much time playing games with him. He was there the whole time offering me a life together. I was so stupid and broken to see it. 

Nurses passed by.

The police had come by to take statements but I couldn't speak. Not now. They had informed me Ken had died. I should have felt relief. I didn't. I felt nothing. The officer left and said I needed to go to the station as soon as I felt better. But I knew I would never feel better.

Ella offered me water I shook my head no.

It was most likely 3-4am but everyone was here. Monty, Tom, Carlos, Karen and even Joe who should have been in bed resting. I hadn't seen Logan since we walked in but Ella had told me he was outside waiting. 

We all waited until the doctor finally came.

I got up and looked into his eyes. Those eyes told me everything before the words left his lips.

I let out a scream and then the tears. They never stopped.

I would not survive this.

I get up and run to the exit. I open the glass door and walk out into the cold air. I hate it. I hate this weather. So did Henry. 

"Freya," I turn to Logan. Anger rises inside me.

"You did this! You should've never looked into it. You should've let me walk away! Now he-" I couldn't let the words out of my mouth.

He moves towards me and wraps his arms around me. I sob and fight him off me. I hit his chest and scream. He doesn't let me go. I stop and just cry in his embrace.