Round 25

I rub on my belly and take a deep breath as I walk towards the empty ring. I was beginning to show now so there was no denying I was pregnant. 

"This is where your dad won the fights," I feel silly as I whisper to my belly. It's so much emotions I have had this few weeks. Ever since finding out I have been on a roller coaster.

I am scared and excited.

I of course can no longer be the ring girl so I started playing with photography and eventually it became a passion. It has helped with keeping me busy and saving up for the arrival of the baby. I did not want to find out the gender until the baby was born. Ella constantly got on my ass about it.

"You're trying to get back on that ring?"

I turn to face Logan. It should not be a surprise for him to know that I am pregnant. Alex visited me often he told me he had mentioned it to Logan. His face is still in awe when I fully turn to him.

"You look..."

"Fat? Big?" I half joke.

"Beautiful Freya. Very beautiful," he moves closer as if wanting to rub my belly but stops before he can. I look at him then. Really look at him. He has grown out his hair and is styled back making him look extremely businesslike. His beard is nicely cut. It looks like he has gotten more built. I focus on his eyes, "thank you."

"Do you know if it's a girl or boy?"

"No. I want to wait until birth. I am okay with either or honestly. I already love the heck out of this baby," a smile forms in my face. He was my savior at the lowest point in my life. Just like Henry had been.

Logan doesn't smile but he nods as if understanding me. "Take care Freya," he moves past me and I stand there unable to move.

I felt it. The burden he carries.

"Logan," I turn to face him at the same time he faces me.

"Freya," he looks like he's having a war in his head.

I had blocked the night it all happened, but I know I had been unfair. I had blamed Logan when he was doing the only thing I prayed for. To be saved.

Before he can say anything I do, "I am sorry about the things I said to you that night. I was very wrong. I can't imagine what would have happened if you and Henry hadn't showed up." I put a hand on my stomach and let out the truth. "I wouldn't have this baby growing if-"

"Freya I did what any human would do in that situation. I wish I had been there sooner for you. For Henry."

"I know. Trust me I know."

"I wanted to reach out to you sooner. Visit you with Alex but I don't want to make you uncomfortable." I am glad he looks down as he says those words because my body reacts with excitement. And then guilt.

It's hard to understand or have a timeline of this. My body still reacts the same way with Logan. A craving and desire to be in his arms. But there's guilt. Henry has not been gone for that long. When is the right time to move on? Is it even right that is Logan?

I shake the thoughts away. When Logan wanted me I was not this person. I am pregnant. Who says he wants me now. I feel ridiculous. 

"You're welcome to visit me whenever you want. You saved my life and your brother has been great company. He's not a bad cook," I make a face and that gets a smile out of Logan.

"I am glad you two have become good friends. He is making better choices and I have a feeling you have a lot to do with that."

I am very glad to hear that about Alex. From all the visits he has opened up a lot about his past. He went through things no one his age should have. I can't imagine Logans past. Alex had told me his was cupcakes and roses compared to his brother.

"You should come to this barbecue Ella is doing later today," I should have mentioned this to Ella before but I am sure she wouldn't mind.

"Thanks Freya," he says before turning and heading for the locker room.

I take a deep breath.