Round 1

Happy New Years! Yes I am starting the year with a new story. I am very excited about this one. It's been a while and I have made some improvements. So for those of you who have read my other stories and continued on to this one, thank you! I adore you all.

I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to comment (nicely) and vote.

(I will try to update ASAP)

•••

"Fucking asshole," I hear my neighbor Ella scream. I throw my clothes in the laundry and go to check up on her.

When I open the door to my apartment Jose is putting on his shirt as he walks down the hall. Ella throws a middle finger at him before walking towards me.

"This is the last time I am letting him step a foot on this building," Ella says. She takes a cigarette and lights it up. I close the door behind me to keep the smell from going inside and raise an eyebrow at my friend.

"Do you know many times you have said that?"

"A dozen maybe but this time I am serious Frey," she places the cigarette in between her lips.

"What did he do this time?" I keep my distance from her because god knows how much I hate the smell of cigarettes.

"He laughed when I mentioned moving in together. The asshole said he doesn't need someone to mess up his life."

"Didn't I warn you?" I say hoping she won't take it the wrong way. With Ella you never know.

"Yes. I deeply regret not listening."

I watch as smoke blows out of her mouth, "you love him?"

She turns to face me fully and laughs. A relief washes over me as I know the answer before she says it. "Fuck no."

"Good."

"Still hurts."

"When you've let a man touch you that way, it always stings a little."

"How would you know Freya?" She asks eyeing me. "I haven't seen one boy over at your apartment."

"Doesn't mean I haven't had some action." I raise my arms and shrug. Ella laughs and bites her lip.

"I am pretty sure those fighters invite you out for a drink every night. Am I right?"

I walk to my door and look back at her to answer, "just be ready in 5 minutes. Maybe I'll hook you up with one of those fighters."

"On it sister."

I throw on my large coat and put on my heels. The night is cold as I make my way to my car and turn it on. I rub my hands together as the heat kicks in and watch Ella make her way down the stairs. Ella being Ella is dressed like it's spring outside not winter. She screams and hugs herself as she approaches the car. I open the passenger door for her, "hurry or I am afraid your bare legs will freeze."

"Aha funny Frey," she says closing the door behind her.

I drive us to the club as Ella complains about her legs freezing on my leather chairs. She's gonna be devastated when she realizes the club isn't the warmest place either. As I pull up to the parking lot that's already full I find a spot and park my Honda.