Round 14

I thank Karen for having extra clothes in the locker room. She will probably be pissed when she finds out I took them. As I am sitting in Logan's car looking out at all the lights on each house I can only be glad Logan got me out of there. He knew another exit out of the club, one were the tatted gangster wouldn't cross paths with us.

"Who did you see?" Logan asks breaking the silence. The question is so direct that I know I can't lie myself out of this one.

"Someone I thought I never would."

"Someone that hurt you?"

"How can you see what other people can't when you don't even know me?" The truth in my words scare me. Logan makes me feels exposed. Like he knows every part of me without even hearing it from me.

"Your eyes say it all. Your body. You reacted to Henry's touch like he was going to hurt you and I know you know he wouldn't do that. Not when he's in love with you," he's looking out the city. There's something in his voice that I can't put words to.

"I know he wouldn't hurt me," I say ignoring the rest.

"I can protect you from Zex people but I can't protect you from someone I don't know about."

"I didn't say this person was out to hurt me," the words sound bitter in my mouth. He was out to hurt me. More then before.

"I don't need you to tell me. I know when a woman is frightened by a man who has-"

"How would you know that?" I ask interrupting him. How can he possibly know that?

"I saw it in my mothers eyes each day when she stood by the door. Guarding it as if something needed to be kept from coming in. She was keeping the shitty man that was my father from coming to demand his rights. He thought he was some kind of king and we had to obey his orders. When we refused..."

"He punished..." I finished for him.

Again I say, bad shit happens to the wrong people.

I sigh and speak the truth because there's relief when you finally let everything out right? At least I hoped.

"I met him when I was on my first year of college. He seemed like a decent guy as the years passed. When his dad died everything in him changed. He became this selfish person filled with greed and rage. He took it out on me when things didn't go right. I stopped loving him and wanted to move on. He threaten my whole life. He worked for the government and I knew with his dirty ways he could make my friends visit prison. He could easily throw me in there with them."

I surprised myself as not a single tear shed or a crack on my voice appeared. I continue, "he forced me into doing things. No one around us noticed, they thought we were lucky to be together. He was smart about where to place the scars and bruises. Until one of his coworker accidentally poured hot water on me and her first reaction was to of course remove the hot clothing and grab a towel. He had been busy chatting with other people that night. He hadn't seen the accident with his coworker nor had he expected to be arrested that day."

Logan gets out of the car and begins to pace back and forth. I get out enjoying the fresh air. I can tell he's very angry and feels like punching something. It's what fighters do when they're holding in everything.

"I don't know how he's out so soon. I guess he has connections in high places," that would be the only explanation. He didn't even do half of the time he was suppose to, not even close to half. I get out and lean against the hood of the car.

"He'll know not to get near you again."

I frown and stand in front of him to stop his pacing. Logan might be a good fighter but he wouldn't be able to win against Ken. Not when Ken has had training and experience with weapons. He also never plays by the book. "I didn't tell you this so you can become my hero and put a stop to that bastard."

"I am not trying to be your hero, I want to do this world a favor by removing some trash from it."

"Promise me you won't go looking into him."

"I never make promises Bonbon," his sharp tone is back.

I move closer to him. As tough as Logan looks I know he wouldn't be capable of killing someone but he would hurt them, badly. Ken deserve the worst but not death. You can never wish death on someone because as evil as they may be they weren't always like that.

"Please, it'll only make things worse."

He pulls a strand of hair behind my ear and runs his thumb over my earlobe, "is this a birthmark?"

"Yes," I say as he leans closer. People always confused the small black dot for an earring.

"What are you thinking?" he asks. I of course don't share what I am thinking. All the wrong thoughts are crossing my head.

A phone rings in the car but we don't mind to give it attention. He runs his hand through my cheek. "I am thinking about how strong you are to be standing in front of me an allowing me to caress you," I swallow. Of course for months I couldn't have a soul touch me. Until I met Henry.

Henry.

I push Logan away. He looks confused as he places his hand in his pockets. "I just don't think we should confuse things," I say lamely. "I am with someone else and so are you."

He laughs and runs a hand through his jaw, "it was you who walked into the locker room."

Fuck. Way to reveal myself.

"I was just dropping my coat off and didn't-"

"Karen is not important to me," he says interrupting me.

"That's none of my concern." I move towards the car and lean against it. Its getting darker by the minute making me wonder what time it is. Logan puts himself in front of me keeping my two legs in between his, "I don't want you to have the wrong idea of me Freya."

"Why's that?" I ask.

He leans close enough that our noses are touching, "because you're important to me." He places a hand on my back and leans me against the car as he keeps moving closer. My breast press against his chest and I am to taken away by his lips on mine to say anything.

I have kissed a lot of men in my life but there's something about Logan. It's rough and gentle at the same time. He makes me crave more and more. I wrap my arms around him and let his tongue dance with mine.

He smiles through the kiss when I move my hands under his shirt. All I feel is muscle as my hands travel up and down his back. I want to feel him completely bare on top of me. I stop the kiss, "we need a room."