Chapter Twenty Five (Last Chapter): The Last Laugh

Start from the beginning

"I get ready, I get all dressed up

"I get ready, I get all dressed up. To go nowhere in particular. It doesn't matter if I'm not enough. For the future or the things to come. 'Cause I'm young and in love. I'm young and in love."

"Please, a round of applause for Lana Grace." Lee says as everyone cheers and claps for the young girl.

Melanie then goes behind the curtain, she gets out of her red dress to be in another dress. She pulls off the wig to see that he hair is still in place. She puts on her red mask as Barbara helps her.

"We've had magicians come and entertain our children. And so tonight, we have one of those magicians here for you. Without further ado, please allow me to present to you the Great Rudolpho." Lee announces.

Barbara and Melanie shows up next to each other, next to a box. Melanie and Barbara grabs each side of the door as they open it. But Jerome was not there. They stand next to the box, their hands up high in the air. Melanie and Barbara look in the box, they both gasp as they close the door.

Then they begin to think, they then open the door again and raise their arms high. Jerome was in there this time. He yawns as he walks out of the box.

"Ha! Ha!" Cheers Jerome. He walks up on stage as the girls close the door, then they follow him behind. "Greetings, Ladies and germs. I am indeed the Great Rudolpho. Pleas ogle my lovely two assistants." Jerome turns the attention to the girls, who starts to show themselves off.

Jerome laughs. He then pulls out a red cloth out of his pocket, he starts to play with it he then lifts it up, he pulls away the cloth to reveal a pink rose and a red rose. He gives the pink rose to Melanie and Barbara the red rose. They both smile as they smell the flower, Melanie puts the pink rose in Barbara's hair whilst Barbara puts the red rose in Melanie's hair.

Jerome starts to play with his red cloth again. He then lifts it up, then a dove comes to life. Melanie and Barbara raise their hands at the audience. Jerome lets the dove fly free into the air.

"For my first act, I'll require a volunteer. Let me see... Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, goose." Jerome then points to Bruce. Bruce stays there shocked.

"Go on, Master Bruce. Be a sport." Alfred encourages him. Melanie pulls out her hand, waiting for Bruce to take it. "Don't keep the lady waiting."

"Fine." Bruce then takes her hand, she then shows him off to the crowd of what she has. Melanie brings Bruce on stage.

"Hello, young man. Please." Jerome shows him the box that Bruce needs to get in. Melanie and Barbara shuts the box up so Bruce can't get out.