Chapter Six: The Snake Dancer

(Part two of Circus Brawl, this chapter is based on Gotham, Season 1: Episode 16, some of it anyways and the song I'm listening to goes so well, but that's for another book to come ;) )

They both ran back to Jerome's trailer as Melanie giggles. Jerome closes the door behind them as she walks towards the bedroom. Jerome smirks as he follows her closely behind.

"That was exciting! The rush felt, exhilarating." Melanie says as Jerome giggles, grabbing her closely.

"Sure is doll. I love the thrill of the rush." Jerome says as Melanie nods. Melanie turns her body so that she is face to face with him. A smirk crawls its way to her lips. Her hands snake their way towards his neck as she pulls him closer, Jerome smirks as he grabs her waist to pull her as their lips touch.

She tugs at his jumper as she pulls it over his head. Jerome does the same thing, tugging at her own hoodie then pulling it over her head.

Then a knock on the door disturbs them both. Melanie then creeps as she slightly pulls the curtain back a tad to see the Ringmaster, the police and the woman. Her eyes widen as she turns to face Jerome.

"It's the police man!" Melanie says as Jerome nods. He quickly pulls on his jumper back on as he fixes his hair back. Melanie pulls her hoodie down as Jerome grabs her hand. He opens a window and turns to face her.

"You need to leave, now!" Jerome says as Melanie nods. She crawls out the window. But before she left they share one last kiss.

"Please be okay." She begs as Jerome smiles.

"I will be." And with that she walks away. But before fully walking away she watches the scene of Jerome and the police man.

Jerome opens the trailer door to face the policeman. "G.C.P.D. We need to speak with Lila." The man said as Jerome grabs his coat as he walks out of the trailer.

"She's not here." Jerome says as he closes the door. "Why? What happened?" He asked as he puts his coat on.

"Where is she?" The policeman asked as Jerome shrugs.

'Dead'. Melanie thought as she inhales a deep breath, her hands start to shake, just by being nervous she is. Buy she couldn't believe by how well Jerome is acting.

"Uh, I don't know." He tugs at his coat as he adjusts it to fit. "She was supposed to be home ages ago." He said as the policeman nods.

"You a relative?" Policeman asked.

"I'm her son, Jerome." Jerome answers as Melanie rolls her eyes at the police officer.

"Jerome, when did you last see her?" He asked as Jerome looks confused as he looks at the woman then back to the man. Melanie can see that Jerome is lying, and he's trying to make up an excuse to when he last saw her.

"This morning. She was here when I left for the library." He lied as Melanie looks nervously at the cop to tell if he knew, but so far he didn't. She can see that Jerome is pretending to be upset, and it amazed her.

"Relax, Jerome. This gentleman is just here because Owen and Al had a disagreement." The Ringmaster says, trying to calm down Jerome, but clearly their just too dumb to see that Jerome killed her.

'Yeah, a disagreement. More like a punch up'. Melanie thinks as she rolls her eyes.

Jerome turns to face the Ringmaster, with confusion.

"Your mother's fine. Gone on a spree, no doubt. You know how she is." The Ringmaster says as Melanie bites her lip.

'Yeah sure, she's definitely fine.' Melanie rolls her eyes.