Chapter Eight: The Interview With The Detective

(Chapter based on, Gotham season 1: Episode 16)

"Mel Mel! You came!" Jerome says with such delight, hope shows in his adorable dark blue orbs. He giver her a hug, giving her a real smile. She smiles back at him, a smile that speaks of love.

"Why wouldn't I come? You're lucky I had to do business around here." She said as Jerome frowns at her, knowing that she was right. He then looks at her arm to see a massive purple bruise around it, a look of hurt and distraught. Melanie follows his gaze as she rolls her shirt down to cover it up.

"He did this...didn't he?" Jerome asked as Melanie nods, Jerome frowns as he grabs her arm, gently as he rolls the sleeve up. Melanie is frowning, confusion reaching her mind. Then unexpectedly he kisses the bruise softly, Melanie blushes as she turns away from his gaze. He then looks up at her, as his hands touches her soft cheeks, gently. "You know he'll pay for this." Jerome says as Melanie shrugs. "I got rid of her, I can get rid of him too." He says as Melanie chuckles.

"I know you did, but you can't. I have no where else to go." She says as Jerome rolls his eyes at her.

"Come live with me, at the circus. There's no telling us how much fun we'll have." He says as Melanie smiles.

"That would be nice." She says as Jerome smiles.

"Are you able to come here after my interview?" He asked as Melanie nods.

"Of course, I just have to deliver some... stuff." She says as Jerome frowns, he knew what she meant...drugs.

"Okay, be careful please." He says as he starts to walk into the G.C.P.D. waving to her behind him.

"I will." She says as he then walks into the building. "You too."

~*~*~
(Jerome's Interview)

He sits waiting for Jim Gordon (the policeman) to interview him. He didn't feel nervous at all, he was excited to be interviewed. He knew that he was a brilliant actor of course.

Jim then walks in sharing a small smile, Jerome gives one back as Jim sits down in the chair.

"Tell me about your mother Jerome." He asked as Jerome nods.

'She was a whore and is now six feet under ground.' He thought, but he answered differently. He shrugs as he looks at Jim, looking heart broken. "She's my mother. What can I say? I love her." He lied, he never loved that whore. Not once. He then starts to think a little bit of Melanie as he thinks of what to say. "She's perfect. Not a very good cook. Heh. Expect for that." Jerome jokes making Jim chuckle.

Jim looks down, then facing Jerome. "Did she have any enemies? Someone with a grudge?" He asked as Jerome shakes his head.

"No."

"Boyfriends?"

"No."

Jim looks at Jerome confused, there has to be something Jerome knows. "No?" Jim asked again, with curiosity.

Jerome cocks his head to the side. "She had lovers. Sex partners, really. But no boyfriends." He answers honestly. 'Who would love that old hag?' Jerome thought as he continues to act. "She didn't want the commitment."

"Alphonse Grayson?" Jim asked as Jerome nods.

"Yes, he was one of them."

"Owen Lloyd?" Jim asked again.

"Yes." Answers Jerome.

Jim nods. "Any others?" He asked as Jerome shrugs, but trying to think.