Chapter One: Meeting The Broken Carousel

It all starts out when the Haly's Circus came to the rotten city

It all starts out when the Haly's Circus came to the rotten city. Bright light occurs through the scene, hearing the loud music and laughter around her. She walks with the crowd, deciding to come alone considering that she has no friends to hang out with. But that's not her fault now is it? No, it's her pathetic father's fault.

Without him she could be happy, nope she's not in particular what you consider happy, but more keeping the light inside of her to survive. She's managed about fifteen years to keep this light inside of her alive, and she's done well. From all of the abuse that she gets from her father because she did one thing wrong like not answering his stupid questions. She may look like a girl that is strong and brave, but she's not.

And that girl is named Melanie Reed, a fifteen year old girl with a gift of kindness and gentleness. Has beautiful strawberry blonde hair that has curls at the end, her eyes are the colour of emeralds and looking into the forest. Her smile could brighten your day when no one can change your mood, but her laughter is one of her most precious things, yet very rare to hear.

She continues to walk but hearing the sounds of soft sobbing, instead of the cheerful laughter

She continues to walk but hearing the sounds of soft sobbing, instead of the cheerful laughter. A frown came upon her face as she starts to investigate the soft sobbing. She walks behind a carousel to see a boy.

The boy has bright ginger hair, that looks so soft like clouds. His skin is pale, pale as snow. As if it snows in Gotham City? He sits down in a corner crying. She walks closer towards the ginger as she sits next to him.

"Are you okay?" She ask out loud, the boy turns around to face her. His eyes are a dark blue with a meaning behind them, Melanie can see the brokenness inside of him but something else she can sense yet she has no idea what.

"N-

"N-...no." He said sniffing as he wipes his tears away. "What are you doing here?" He ask her as she smiles weakly.

"I heard you crying, and I wanted to help." Melanie said as the boy nods. "Why are you crying?" She asked him as he looks down at the ground. "You don't have to tell me if you want." She told him as he looks back up at her.

He notices a spark in her, a special spark that he's was burned out long ago.

"It's my mother, you probably seen her? She abuses me and with her sex partners, other stuff too." He said as Melanie bites her bottom lip, already knowing how that feels.

"You're also bleeding!" She said as the boy's eyes widen as Melanie tore a piece of her shirt off and dabs it on his forehead.

She sits next to him and starts cleaning off the blood off of his forehead. He hisses a bit but finally stays calm. Once she's finished he looks up at her and smiles.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because my father also abuses me, and sometimes it's nice to have other people around to help. But sadly I have no one." She said as the boy looks down and chuckles. "What?"

"I just can't see anyone hurting a pretty girl like you, especially when your father treats you like that." The boy said as Melanie blushed and looks at the ground. "I never met my father, he's name was Sven Karlsen he was a sea captain but he died at sea." He said sadly as Melanie looks at him with a said look.

"I never met my mother, she left after I was born. So it was just me, my brother and my father. And sometimes my father blames me for making my mother leave, including my brother." She said as the boy looks over at her.

"Your brother?"

"He left when I was twelve, so three years ago." She said as he nods.

"So you're fifteen?" He said as Melanie nods.

"Yep, how old are you?" She ask as he smiles.

"I'm eighteen."

Melanie nods her head, he sure doesn't look eighteen.

"My name is Jerome, Jerome Valeska. Can I know yours?" He asked her as she smiles at him.

"Melanie Reed."

~*~*~
Melanie Reed belongs to me
Jerome Valeska, Haly's Circus and Gotham City belongs to Gotham/DC COMICS

(A/N welcome to chaos everyone, enjoy the Melanie Reed Book, possible chance Jack's book might be published too?)