Chapter Twenty Two: Lust For Love

She walks in the streets of Gotham, her red hood covering her face. She walks casually trying not to be noticeable. She then bumps into someone causing them to drop everything.

"I'm sorry." The guy says as he picks up his things. Melanie kneels down helping the man. She hands them to the guy. Her eyes widen, it was the guy that saved that woman at the precinct. "I'm so clumsy, sorry." He says as Melanie nods slowly.

"It's okay, really." She says as she then starts to walk off, but the guy stops her.

"My name is Edward Nygma." Edward lets his hand out waiting for her to shake, she refuses to shake his hand. Edward nods as he places his hand into his pockets.

Melanie was curious about Edward, he carries chocolate with roses in a bag. She smirks. "Lucky girl." Melanie says as Edward looks at his bag and chuckles.

"She's amazing." He says as she nods. She waves to him as she then starts walking off. "Wait!" Edward calls, she turns around to face him. "What's your name?" He asked as she sighs.

"Melanie." She says as she then walks off into the crowd.

~*~*~

"What do you want Cobblepot?!" Melanie walks into the office, Oswald smiles facing her.

"Long time no see, I see that you're hanging around with new friends, delightful." Oswald says as she scoffs.

"Be glad that I didn't bring any of them over." She says as Oswald smiles at her. "So, what is it?" She asked as Oswald stands in front of her.

"Your brother, where is he?" Oswald asked, Melanie's expression soften as she scoffs.

"No! You're not bringing him here. Hell no." Melanie argues as Oswald hushes her.

"Listen to me. I don't need him, someone else does." Oswald says as Melanie frowns, not believing him at all.

"Oh, really. You're outta luck. I don't know where he is, even if I did I still wouldn't tell you." Melanie says as she then walks out of the office.

"I will find him!"

"Yeah, good luck with that. Even I can't find him."

~*~*~

She lays on the bed listening to music, draining out all of her thoughts. Jerome walks in with a smile on his lips, he sneaks his way in not to disturb her. He then leans close to her, he pulls off her earphones. She frowns as she looks up to face Jerome.

"I was listening to that." Melanie says as Jerome chuckles.

"I wanted to talk to you." Jerome says as Melanie sighs. She sits up on the bed as she looks at him. "I found my dad, in Gotham. Ha, who knew right?" Jerome says as Melanie's eyes widen.

"Wait? Cicero is here?" Melanie says as Jerome nods. Melanie smirks as she leans against his chest. "Whatcha gonna do to him?" Melanie asked as Jerome hums.

"Oh, you know. Finish what I started with my mother." Jerome says as Melanie smiles.

"Brilliant." She says as Jerome looks down at her and smiles.

"I knew you would understand. I can go and kill him too, since well you know, half of our team is dead." Jerome says as Melanie nods her head.

"Well, Greenwood stole your line. It was either me or you was gonna kill him, plus he started to annoy me. And Dobkins was gonna confess to Gordon." Melanie says as Jerome nods.

"What song were you listening too?" Jerome asked, he picks up her earphones he places them in his ear, she smiles as she picks up her earphone.

"Hmm, Lana Del Rey. Lust For Life." Melanie answers as Jerome listens to the song.

"She sings beautifully." Jerome says as Melanie nods in response. "You can sing better though." Jerome says as Melanie blushes, Jerome chuckles. He moves a strain of hair out of her face.

"I love this song." Melanie says as Jerome nods.

"I can see why, it reminds me of our first time." Jerome says as Melanie bites her lip. "Very romantic, I should say." Jerome says as Melanie chuckles.

Jerome grabs Melanie's hand as he rubs his thumb against her, her head laying against his chest. They stayed like that, listening to Lust For Love.

~*~*~

Melanie stands outside of his office adjusting her shirt. She pulls her hair away from her face and fixes it up. She then nervously knocks on the door.

"Come in." He calls out, she opens the door to see him. His back facing her. She walks through the door with a happy smile on her lips.

"You called for me, Mr. Galavan?" She asked as Theo chuckles. He then turns to face her with a smile on his lips.

"Indeed. Please take a seat." He instructs her as she takes a seat in front of his desk. He sits down in his office chair and swirls it around facing her. "I've been told by Jerome that your birthday is coming up. Is that correct?" He ask as she smiles, brightly.

"Indeed it is, Mr. Galavan." Melanie says with a smile on her lips.

Theo smiles as he leans in closer towards her. "And I think we should celebrate it. Invite some guest?" Theo says as Melanie smiles. "Maybe to catch, Gordon?" Theo suggests as Melanie smirks.

"Gratefully. Will do. So like, Jim, Harvey some other people?" Melanie suggests as Theo smirks.

"Now you're understanding."

~*~*~
Melanie Reed belongs to me
Jerome Valeska and Theo Galavan belongs to Gotham Fox/DC COMICS
Lust for Life belongs to Lana Del Rey
A/N: Tomorrow's chapter is like 40 pages long, so it's an episode length! Get ready for a Pity Party!
Also, three chapters left then this half is finished! Also anyone ready for Critical Sanity?