Chapter Twenty: Pretty In Red

(THIS CHAPTER IS BASED ON GOTHAM SEASON TWO EPISODE TWO, half of it)

"I'm bored, can we play a game?" Melanie asked, sitting in a red fire truck. Jerome turns to face her with a smile. He makes binoculars with his hands as he begins to search around the street.

"I spy with my little eye something that is..." Jerome starts as Melanie turns to face him with curiosity. Jerome turns to face the back mirror to see a yellow school bus. Jerome drops his hands as he looks at the sight. "Yellow."

Melanie sees what Jerome is saying and she smirks, a yellow bus, a school bus.

Greenwood smiles. "Yay, Gotham!" He slams his arm on the door of the truck.

"This has to be entertaining." Melanie says, Jerome the points the way, Aaron then starts the truck as they follow the school bus in a hurry.

~*~*~

They see the bus that they're after, Melanie leans over Jerome and Aaron as she beeps the horn with a laugh. Jerome laughs along side with her.

Arnold jumps out of the truck as he brings the fire hose with him. Greenwood opens the truck door and running with Arnold. Jerome steps out of the truck letting Melanie out with a smile on her lips, he carries her hand as he helps her down.

Jerome smiles as he walks over towards the bus. "Whoo!" Jerome says as Melanie laughs, he twirls her around like they are dancing, he turns her around as she stands next to him. Jerome then knocks on the door with his gun in hand.

Cheerleaders start to scream in horror, watching the psychopaths around them. Melanie laughs at the pathetic girls.

The door opens as Melanie gets in first, she pulls out her bag to grab handcuffs. Melanie shows them all as she smirks.

"Oh, the bus has broken down, please remain in your seats. If you dare try anything, you know what the consequences are." Melanie giggles as Jerome helps her cuff everyone.

They began crying and tugging at the cuffs. They wanted out, Melanie smirks at the scene.

"I want you all to know this was a very difficult decision for us." Jerome starts as he holds a gun in his hands. Melanie sits in the driver seat, watching him.

"He's telling the truth, ya know." Melanie says as Jerome nods. Greenwood then walks in on the bus.

"It was between you and a senior citizen bingo party. In the end, we decided to skew a little younger. Youth won the day. Sorry." Jerome says.

"At least appreciate us for noticing you, you mean something to us. And that will soon be up in flames." Melanie says making Jerome and Greenwood smirk.

"Give me an O!" Jerome starts, all the cheerleaders start crying.

"Let me try." Melanie says as she grabs the gun and aims it at the roof with a smirk. "He said, give me an O." Melanie says making Jerome smirk, Melanie gives him the gun back as he stands in front.

"O." The cheerleaders say, nervously.

"Give me an N." Jerome says.

"N."

"Give me another O!"

"O!"

"And what does that spell?" Melanie asked as Jerome grabs the fire hose from Greenwood.

"O no!" They all say, Jerome then starts to spray gasoline on the kids, they scream loudly. Melanie is laughing her head off watching Jerome spray everyone with the gasoline.

Melanie, Greenwood and Jerome gets out of the truck before Jerome could light it up. He jumps down, he then throws the hose down onto the ground. Jerome grabs a lighter from his pocket.

"Ready? Okay!" He then leans into the step as he tries to light the lighter, but no flames are coming out. He then looks over at everyone. "This is so embarrassing." Jerome then throws the lighter onto the ground, he walks into the bus. "Anyone got a light?" Jerome asked.

"They obviously wouldn't, Jer." Melanie says as Jerome shrugs.

"I do." Arnold says as he flips the lid open.

Then sirens are heard in the distance. They all turn to face the police cars. Melanie frowns. "They always ruin all the fun." Melanie says as Jerome turns to face her.

"Not this time, gorgeous." Jerome says as he aims his gun at them, same with the rest of the boys. "Stand your ground, boys and lady. They can't shoot at the bus." Jerome says as they all aim their guns at them.

Then a police officer starts shooting at them, Jim turns to face him as he looks at him in horror.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire!" Jim orders. Then Jerome, Aaron, Greenwood and Arnold starts shooting at them.

Melanie running towards the truck. Jim quickly aims at Melanie as he shoots her in her leg, Melanie then falls down with a groan.

"Dammit!" Melanie mutters as she gets back up and into the truck. She then sees Greenwood and Aaron after her.

Aaron gets into the drivers seat as he starts the truck, Greenwood next to him.

Melanie grabs onto the truck as the truck starts moving. She then starts to watch Jerome, she then sees Jim coming up.

"Jerome! On your right!" Melanie yells as Jerome looks at his right to see Jim Gordon there.

Jerome spins around with a jump as he aims at him. He then starts to walk closer towards him as he keeps shooting. He then shoots again but to hear a click, Jerome then drops the gun.

"Light 'em up!" Jerome says as he starts walking to the truck where Melanie is. "Are you okay?" Jerome asked as Melanie huffs.

"It's nothing, let's go!" Melanie says as Jerome nods.

Arnold is at the bus trying to light it up. Jerome spraying more gasoline everywhere. Jerome then gets on the truck as he begins to laugh. Jerome hits the hose against the truck laughing like crazy.

Arnold is left there, trying to light the bus up. He's then faced with Jim who pushes him out of the way, causing him to drop the lighter as the gasoline lit up in flames.

~*~*~

"I can't believe I got shot!" Melanie says as Jerome helps her wound. He chuckles as he wraps the bandage around her leg.

"Well, it's better than what Dobkins got." Jerome says as Melanie nods.

"True. Still, a bitch to move." Melanie says as Jerome smiles. "Remind me to wear body armour." Melanie jokes as Jerome rolls his eyes. He ties up the bandage with a knot.

"There you go." Jerome says as Melanie smiles at him.

"Thank you." Melanie says with a smile.

"You're welcome, doll."

~*~*~
Melanie Reed belongs to me
Jerome Valeska, Robert Greenwood, Aaron Helzinger, Arnold Donkins and Jim Gordon belongs to Gotham Fox/DC COMICS