Chapter Thirteen: Dreams Turn Into Reality

Jerome is excited to see his girl. He hasn't seen Melanie in hell knows how long? The last time they spoken in person was about him saying he loves her.

He reached to her broken, old, shitty apartment of hers. The building really did look unsecured, unsteady and looked like it would collapse any second now. He looked at her window to see if it was opened and to his luck it was.

He smiled as he went over to the fire escape and climbed up to her window. Once he reached her window he slide the window opened.

A warm smile escaped his lips as he climbed inside the window. He turned around to shut the window close and turned around to see her room.

It wasn't much, especially when she's living with her father. She were lucky to have a bed, a warm blanket and a couple of pillows. But Melanie was lucky to have a bed to sleep in and a place to live, for now.

Jerome is gonna hopefully try to convince her to come with him and live with him. He couldn't care about all of the insane people there, or how wanted he is, and that he didn't even ask Theo if Melanie can live with him. Oh well.

All he cares is her safety and care. If Greenwood goes anywhere near Melanie or even looks at her, he'll make sure to murder that son of a bitch. Partner or not he should know that Melanie is Jerome's.

But he was pulled from his trains of thoughts when he heard sobbing. And it was Melanie's. He knew he couldn't go out there to save her because of Grey and how wanted he is. Jerome desperately wanted too but he knew he couldn't risk Grey knowing his daughter dating someone either.

He heard footsteps coming towards the bedroom and he quickly hid in the wardrobe and closed the door.

He watches Melanie run in her room and closing the door behind her as she cries. her pretty face is full of tears and loud sobs were heard. Why is she crying? Melanie looks so broken and fragile.

Jerome watches her as she falls on the bed, crying. Her cries made him feel upset as well. He never wanted to see her like this, not ever. And he made sure to make it is his goal not to see Melanie like this ever again.

He opens the wardrobe door and quietly walks over towards her. Melanie's face was deep in too the pillow as she continues to sob. Jerome crawled onto the bed as he hovered over her as he rubs her back in a circle. His face was close to her own as he continued to rub patterns on her back as she began to calm down.

Melanie thought that she was imagining all of this but what she didn't know that this imagine is reality.

"Mel Mel? What happened?" He asked her in an smoothing, comforting whisper. Melanie turned away from her pillow slowly and looked at Jerome with an wide expression on her sad features. Light had shown in her as she sees the red head herself. She wasn't imagining it, it was real. He was really here.

"Jerome!" Melanie said in an exciting tone that was almost an yell. Her arms wrapped around his torso as her head rests on his neck as soft sobs still could be heard. Jerome immediately hugs her back.

They both stayed like that for a couple of minutes but felt like hours. He wanted to stay in this position forever, but forever is a long time. Especially in this City. There are things that need to be done but fuck them.

"How did you escape?" Melanie suddenly asked curiously as he chuckled. He sits down on the bed with his legs crossed as a smiled appeared on his face.

"Oh! Haven't you heard! About the Arkham breakout? Probably not since your bitch of a dad can't let you watch TV. But I'll tell ya anyways. Me and some other inmates escaped from that hell hole and the person that got us out was Theo Galavan himself. Ha ha! But when I escaped, all I wanted to do was to see your face, doll." He confessed as Melanie smiles brightly.