Chapter Twenty One: Knock, Knock

(THIS CHAPTER IS BASED ON SEASON TWO EPISODE TWO)

"So we're going back to G.C.P.D.? After you broke me out of their custody on me?" Melanie asked as Jerome finishes the button on his police uniform. He turns to face Melanie with a smirk on his lips.

"Yeah!" Jerome says as Melanie rolls her eyes at him. "So, how do I look?" Jerome asked as Melanie walks over towards him, pulling on his collar of his shirt, pulling him down to her height.

"I think it looks sexy." Melanie says as she licks her lips, Jerome smirks. He kisses her lips as she wraps her arms around his neck pulling him in closer.

"I like sexy." Jerome mutters making Melanie smile. "And I think about yours is truely, inappropriate." Jerome says making Melanie frown in confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked as Jerome only smiles at her.

"This, this is making me-"

"Hey! Time to leave." Greenwood interrupts them, Jerome frowns as he then turns to face Melanie with a smile.

"Ladies first."

~*~*~

"Barbara's out, there goes Gordon." Melanie says as Jerome turns to face Melanie and Greenwood.

"Time for a show."

They walk into the station casually. Jerome walks up to where the Commissioner is. He looks over at Greenwood as he stays there, Jerome takes Melanie with him.

"I need to speak to Commissioner Essen right away, it's an emergency." Jerome says in a deep voice as he leads Melanie behind him.

"Yeah, go ahead, she's right upstairs." The officer says as Jerome goes to the office. Melanie stands outside.

"Yo, Commish." Jerome says as he looks at Sarah Essen.

"Yeah." She says as she looks up, she then recognises the smirk as she looks for her gun. Melanie walks in with a gun in her hand and a smile.

"Heard you were looking for us." Jerome says as Melanie giggles.

"Look up sunshine, you got your wish." Melanie laughs.

Greenwood then throws a grenade at the floor as it explodes. Jerome and Melanie jumps, they begin to laugh.

"What the hell are..." A officer says he then gets shot. Melanie starts shooting the officers, same with Greenwood. She laughs insanely, enjoying the chaos.

"Put him down!"

Melanie then watches a man with adorable glasses jump to save a woman from gunshot, she couldn't care. She continues to laugh madly.

"Hey! Mel Mel! Come and help me tie her up." Jerome says as Melanie walks up the stairs as she grabs a chair. Jerome turns to face Essen with a smile on his lips. "She's fantastic at tying knots." Jerome says with a smile.

Jerome pushes Essen into the chair. Melanie smirks as she starts tying knots around her body.

"I did this to my dad, before he was tortured, you know. Fun memories." Melanie smirks as Essen looks scared. "Now, if you don't cooperate, that same thing that happened to my dad, will happen to you too." Melanie threats as Essen turn away from her, Melanie moves back as Jerome throws his hat.

"Hell of a first week you're having, Commissioner." Jerome says as he takes his jacket off and throws it on the floor. "I wish I could tell you that things were gonna get better for you. They're not."

Jerome turns to face Greenwood as he holds a camera. Melanie smiles.

"Here, bring that up here. Get a better angle of the room." Jerome says as he makes a square as he tries to get a angle.

"We don't want to look slack." Melanie says as Jerome smiles at her.

"Right again, dollface."

"Why are you doing this?" Essen asked as Melanie rolls her eyes at her.

"To rule the world. Blah, blah, blah. But we'll settle for some dead cops and some good PR. Kidding." Jerome jokes.

"Yeah, whatever, I get it. You're just crazy." Essen says, Jerome then cocks his head to the side.

Melanie's eyes widen. She backs up a little.

"Crazy?" Jerome asked he then kneels in front of her, getting close to her. "Look at me. You can see I'm not crazy." Jerome rest a hand on his chest, looking at her darkly.

"Very soon, little man, you will be dead, and the world will go on without you." Jerome then rest his hand against his cheek as he listens to her babble. "You'll be nothing. No one will even remember your name." Essen says.

"Mmm...no. That is where you're wrong , old lady." Jerome starts.

"Oh is that so?" Melanie joins as Jerome turns to face her. "I believe that statement is false, you know. We marked this city, our name will be forever remembered for generations." Melanie says as Jerome nods.

"I agree with Mel Mel here." Jerome then leans against Essen, standing on two feet. "We will leave a mark on this city." Jerome then whispers against her ear. "We will spread across like a virus. Do you know why?" Jerome asked as Essen turns to face him.

"There's nothing more contagious than laughter." Greenwood smiles, Melanie smirks as she aims at Greenwood and shoots him, dropping the camera.

Jerome smiles at her. "Thank you dollface. That was my line." Jerome says as he jumps as he smiles brightly. "There's nothing more contagious than laughter. HA! HA!" Essen then spits on Jerome face. Jerome frowns as he felt gross. "That was strangely pleasant. Do it again." Jerome says with a smirk, Essen then head buts him hard.

"That's gonna leave a mark." Essen says. Melanie frowns, holding her gun tightly. She was jealous, especially how Jerome enjoyed her spit.

Jerome laughs with blood coming from his nose. "You got me." Jerome then leans closer, Essen's expression changes to a scared look.

"My turn." Melanie says with a smirk, then Jerome begins to laugh. Melanie shoots her in the stomach as Jerome laughs. "Grab the camera Jer. It's time to be a star." She says as Jerome grabs the camera with a smile.

"Hello, Gotham City! We're the Maniax. And I'm Jerome, the shot-caller of our little gang." Jerome introduces himself, he makes room so Melanie could introduce herself also.

"And I'm Melanie!" Melanie waves to the camera with a smile.

"We're here to spread the message of wisdom and hope." They both chuckle. Melanie frowns as she grabs her gun out and shoots the groaning man.

"How rude." Melanie says as Jerome sighs.

"Some people have no manners. You're all prisoners. What you call sanity is just a prison in your minds that stops you from seeing that you're just, tiny little cogs in a giant absurd machine." Jerome says as Melanie smiles. "Wake up!" Jerome yells at the camera. "Why be a cog? Be free like us." Jerome says.

"Being free sets out a new sensation of relief and fun." Melanie says. "Just remember to smile." Melanie giggles.

"Just like him! Smile!" Jerome starts to make the dead cop smile, Melanie giggles. Then they start to hear the sirens. "Oh, time to go."

"But don't worry, we'll be back very soon." Melanie says as Jerome places his hat on.

"Hang on to your hats, folks, cause you ain't seen nothing yet!" Then they begin to laugh.

Then the camera turns all black.

~*~*~
Melanie Reed belongs to me
Jerome Valeska, Robert Greenwood, Barbara Kean, Sarah Essen and Jim Gordon belongs to Gotham Fox/DC COMICS