Chapter Nineteen: Maniax

(THIS IS BASED ON GOTHAM SEASON TWO EPISODE TWO, half of it anyway)

They sit upon the building. Jerome sitting on the edge as Aaron throws them off. Jerome smirks watching the view. He then turns to face Melanie with a wicked grin. Melanie smirks. Jerome then turns back to look at the bodies.

"Perfect." He says as he tilts his head a tad. "Next." He says as he turns to face the next victim. "Mister X." He says as Greenwood grabs him and pushes him toward Arnold, he then gives him to Aaron who lifts the victim up with ease as he puts him on the side. Jerome stops him before he drops the body. "A little to the right." Aaron moves to the right as Jerome smiles. "Okay, that's the spot." Jerome says as Aaron throws the body. "Perfect."

This made Melanie smirk.

"What shall we do with the spare?" Ask Arnold. Jerome turns to face the spare as he begins to think.

"Oh." Jerome then turns to face the victim with a smirk. "I know." He says as he walks over towards the last victim. He grabs the spry can as he draws an exclamation mark on him. Jerome turns to face Aaron with a smirk. "Aaron, would you kindly?" Jerome asked as he throws the can away.

Arnold starts to jump and clap, Melanie smirking at the scene, Greenwood leaning against the wall. They all follow Aaron behind him. They all look down to see the bodies saying a word.

"Maniax!" Says Aaron.

Jerome chuckles. "Now, that's a headline." He begins to laugh as Melanie smirks at the scene. She giggles.

~*~*~

"Has anyone told you, you eat like a pig?" Jerome asked, as Greenwood looks up at him with a frown.

"No, has anyone told you to shut up?" He asked as Jerome begins to think.

"Let me think, no." He says as Greenwood frowns as he continues eating the donuts. Jerome turns to face Melanie with annoyance in his look. "You see what I have to deal with?" He says as Melanie rolls her eyes with a smirk.

"I see." She says as she takes a drink. Greenwood frowns as he swallows his food.

"Would you like a donut?" Melanie turns to face Arnold who holds a chocolate flavoured donut in his hand. Melanie smiles as she grabs it from him.

"Thank you, Arnold." She says as she places it on her plate, Arnold smiles as he silently cheers.

"Fine job, yesterday, gentlemen, and lady." Theo says as he walks down stairs with the news paper in his hands. "We opened big. The whole city knows your name now. So, bravo. Let's give ourselves a around of applause." Theo says as they all start to clap. "Now that we have Gotham's attention, it's time for the Maniax to make a grand entrance." Theo says. Jerome frowns in confusion.

"Wasn't that it?" He asked as Theo looks down at him.

"That was the overture. Now the audience is hushed, expectant. The curtain rises..."

"Then what happens?" Ask Jerome, curious as he could be. This made Theo walks over towards him, he stands behind his chair.

"Oh, then we confront Gothamites with their most primal fears." Theo places his hands on Jerome's shoulders. "Take from them all they hold dear and sacred."

"And then what happens?" Jerome says with a smile on his lips.

"Why, then we offer them salvation. And then they are ours." Theo says with a smirk as he walks away from Jerome.

"Let's get busy, man." Says Greenwood with a smile on his lips.

"Patience. First, you gentlemen and lady need to learn a little stagecraft." Theo says as Greenwood frowns in confusion.