Chapter Seven: Monsters Do Monstrous Things

(WARNING: CHILD ABUSE, SWEARING)

She walks back home, her home that she didn't call home at all. She looks up at her window as she sighs, a sigh that gives you shivers. She felt scared by going through her widow he'll be there. She takes a deep breath as she walks towards the fire escape as she climbs the latter. Fear hits her like a hurricane, she closes her eyes trying to calm herself down. He obviously noticed that she was missing, and she knows whats going to happen to her.

She opens her window as she climbs in, silently. She closes her window shut, trying to prevent from any noises. She's trying her best to be quiet, so far so good. She sneaks her way towards her wardrobe, she grabs a clean pair of clothes. A pair of long black baggy pants with a baggy red shirt, with Jerome's jumper that he gave her the other night. Of course she kept that.

She loves the smell of him, it's like he's right there with her, hugging and comforting her. She smiles as she hugs the jumper, a smile reaches to her face.

She then puts the jumper on as she walks out to the lounge room, she knew that her father would be passed out so that's why she left to go and get a drink.

She walks into the kitchen as she pours water in a cup. But what she wasn't expecting was this.

"And where have you been?" His voice sent her shivers down her spin. Her eyes opened wide open, fear hits her like a fire truck (LOLOL). She turns to face him, the devil himself. Grey Reed... Melanie's father.

"I-I... I was at the club. S-selling the drugs y-you asked me too." Melanie stutters as she turns around nervously to face him. She looks down, not wanting to look at him in the eyes. Grey frowns as he roughly grabs her arm looking at the jumper, then the scent hits him."

"Is this a boys jumper?" He asked as Melanie tries to resist the pain from her father grasp. Grey tightens his grip when she didn't answer him. "Answer me! Is this a boys jumper or not!" He spat as Melanie starts to cry, she nods her head as his eyes widen. "Have you been sleeping with this boy?" Melanie's eyes widen in shock, she shook her head. Grey then pushes the limit as he smirks. "You're lying to me, Fish doesn't need any more drugs. So tell me again, where were you." He spoke roughly as Melanie's arm starts to tremble.

"I was at the circus! Asking if they wanted any!" Melanie cries as Grey frowns.

"Asking the fuck what?" He asked as Melanie inhales a deep breath.

"If they wanted any drugs!"

"And what did they say? Did you sell any?" He asked as Melanie yelps out in pain.

"NO!" She says as Grey lets her go as she holds onto her arm, looking at the redness around her arm. She looks up at her father to see him frown.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN NO!?" He shouts as he slams his fist into the bench, making Melanie jump out of fear.

"I-I-uh...I don't know! I swear!" She begs as Grey frowns. He then slaps her hard in the face. Melanie looks down away from her father, Grey then walks away leaving his daughter on the floor crying.

~*~*~
Melanie Reed and Grey Reed belongs to me
Jerome Valeska belongs to Gotham/DC COMICS