Stupid Warlock!

Magnus woke up early the next morning. He was in the same position that he'd fallen asleep in and he was extremely uncomfortable. He clambered to his feet but before he could take a step he had to shake himself out to get rid of his pins and needles. Alec and Ally were still sound asleep. Magnus did a quick check of Alec's breathing and when he was certain that he was alright, he decided to go for a quick shower. The hot water beating down on him helped him to relax and loosen his tense muscles.

After leaving the shower, shaking the water out of his hair and wrapping a towel tightly around his waist, Magnus walked out to see Ally and Alec.
"Alec?" Magnus called as he saw that Alec and Ally were no longer where he left them.
"In here Magnus." Alec called back. Magnus walked into Ally's room and slipped his arms around Alec's waist.
"You should be in bed. Resting." Magnus said sternly.
"Ally looks so cute. She's grown so much." Alec said softly, changing the subject. Magnus kissed Alec's neck softly and looked down at Ally.
"Yes, she has. Now come on. Bedtime." Magnus said as he carefully led Alec out of the room. Alec was limping heavily and Magnus quickly decided to pick him up and carry him, bridal style, into their room.
"Weeeee!" Alec exclaimed happily when Magnus had him in his arms. Magnus rolled his eyes at his overly active boyfriend as he lay him down on their bed. As he was turning away, Alec grabbed his wrist and pulled him down next to him before throwing his arms around him. "Mine!"
"Yeah babe. I'm all yours." Magnus said with a smile before he kissed Alec's cheek.
"No!" Alec shrieked when Magnus' lips touched his cheek. "No!"
"Okay, someone needs a nap." Magnus said as he pinned down Alec who was struggling against him.
"No!"
"Alec, you're only doing this because you're tired and you haven't rested like you were supposed to. Now stop acting like a child and behave!" Magnus had tried to suppress his temper but it hadn't worked and when Alec flinched under his grip he knew he'd gone too far.
"Mean..." Alec said quietly as he broke free of Magnus' grip and pushed him away.
"I'm so sorry... I'm so tired Alec and this temper tantrum of yours isn't helping anything." Alec rolled onto his side so he faced away from Magnus and buried himself under the covers.

Plopping himself down on the couch, Magnus called Jace. It took him three attempts before he finally picked up.
"What?" Jace snapped.
"Hello to you too. I have a question."
"Make it quick."
"Alec is acting like a three year old. Any ideas why?" There was a brief silence.
"Three actually. But only one springs to mind of what his problem could be." Jace finally said.
"Care to elaborate?" Magnus practically growled.
"He hasn't rested properly. After a lot of fighting and then sustaining the injuries that he has, if he doesn't rest then he goes through different stages. I've seen it before. Being hyper and childish is stage one."
"What's stage two?" Magnus was almost afraid to ask.
"He basically hates everyone. If he gets to that stage, don't take Ally near him." Jace sighed. "Get him some sleeping pills. Or do a spell on him if you have to. He'll just get worse until he wears himself out."
"Thanks Jace. I'll let you get back to sleep." The line went dead a moment after Magnus finished speaking. Magnus dropped his phone on the couch and went routing for some sleeping pills for Alec. After almost ten minutes, he gave up looking. Walking into the bedroom, Magnus saw that Alec was in the same position that he'd been in when he'd left him.
"I'm not a child." Alec snapped at Magnus.
"I said you were acting like one. Not that you were one." Magnus said gently as he perched on the side of the bed.
"Not a child." Alec repeated under his breath. Magnus rolled his eyes as he laid down next to Alec.
"Get some sleep baby. You need it. You've had a long day."
"I'm not tired."
"Yes you are. I can tell."
"No I'm not!" Alec screamed. "You go to bed if you want but I'm not tired!"
"Alec." Magnus warned.
"No! I'm not a baby!" Alec lashed out as Magnus put one hand on his forehead. "Get off! You stupid warlock! I hate you!"
"I'm sorry Alec. I have no choice." Magnus said as he dodged a couple of Alec's swings. With a couple of muttered words, Alec's body went limp as Magnus put him to sleep. Once making sure that Alec was comfortable, Magnus left the room and curled up on the couch. He hadn't expected Alec to be his usual self when he got home, but he never expected him to be so violent. "Stupid warlock..." Magnus whispered Alec's words over and over to himself. Never had he been hurt so much by Alec's words. He knew it was because of Alec not resting after going through such an ordeal, but it didn't hurt any less.

It was the middle of the night when Magnus got out of his position on the couch. He'd spent hours playing Alec's words in his head and crying quietly. Checking in on Ally, he saw that she was sound asleep in her crib.
"Daddy's going out for a while baby girl." He whispered as he crouched down next to her crib. "Daddy needs a bit of time to himself. Your other daddy will wake up if you cry. I'll be back later." Magnus stood up and gently kissed Ally's cheek. "Goodnight baby girl." Magnus whispered as he quietly pulled the door closed.
"Where are you going..?" Came a tired voice from across the room. Magnus jumped and span around to see Alec swaying unsteadily on his feet.
"Out. It's clear you don't want me here right now so I'm giving you your wish." Magnus said plainly. His face expressionless.
"Don't go..." Alec whispered as he dropped to his knees, the spell taking hold of him again. Magnus walked to his side and carried him back to bed. As soon as his body touched the soft sheets, sleep took hold once more.
"Sleep Alexander." Magnus soothed quietly. "Sleep." He placed a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's warm forehead and sat by his side. "If you don't want me to go, then I'll stay with you until your final days. If you decide you want me to leave, then you'll never have to see me again. That is my promise to you, sweet Alexander."