Vanessa Youngblood

It was the day of Magnus and Alec's meeting with Vanessa and the two of them were in Wayland Manor. Magnus was slouched in an armchair whilst Alec paced frantically around the house.
"Alec, for gods sake, settle down. You're making me nervous." Magnus said. He had a glass of water in his hand and one foot up on the chair.
"I can't calm down Magnus. This could be our only chance." Alec said quickly. Magnus grabbed onto his shirt as he walked past and pulled him into his lap. Then he gently kissed his neck.
"Calm down." Magnus whispered in his ear. Alec had on his Shadowhunter gear and had marked a couple of runes onto his arms. He also had with him his favourite bow, a quiver of arrows and two seraph blades. Magnus was in his usual colourful and sparkly attire. He'd left his contact lenses out but his eyes we're still human. He wouldn't shift them into a cats eyes until is was necessary. They'd done everything that Vanessa had asked of them but even the knowledge of that wasn't enough to calm Alec's racing heart.
"What if she doesn't like us..? What if she says no..?" Alec asked.
"Stop thinking of the worst possible scenarios and drink some water." Magnus said as he thrust the glass he was holding into Alec's hand. Magnus gently rubbed Alec's stomach.
"Then it happens. We can't control the future, but we sure as hell can control the present." The two of them sat together silently, waiting for Vanessa to make her appearance.

They'd been there for almost an hour before they heard the front door finally open.
"Hello?" Called a female voice. "Is anyone here?" Alec shot to his feet but before he got two feet away from Magnus he found himself trapped.
"Calm. Down." Magnus said quietly with a stern edge to his voice. Then he called out. "In here." Moments later a petite woman stepped into the room and looked at Magnus and Alec. Magnus smiled at her. "Vanessa, I assume? I am Magnus Bane and this is Alexander Lightwood." Vanessa bowed her head slightly.
"Yes I am Vanessa. It's a pleasure Mr. Bane and Mr. Lightwood."
"Please, call me Magnus."
"As you wish, Magnus." Alec was frozen with dread until Magnus dug his elbow into his ribcage.
"Um... Would you like to sit down? I can get you a drink or something if you want..." Alec said hesitantly.
"I will take a seat but a drink is not necessary." Vanessa said as she sat down in one of the numerous chairs around the room. "May I ask, is there something wrong with you?" Magnus decided to step in before Alec made a fool of himself.
"Please excuse him, he's quite anxious and has not been well over the past few weeks. I assure you he's on the mend." Magnus explained. Vanessa nodded slightly. She looked at Alec and studied him for a few minutes. To Magnus' surprise, Alec met her gaze but didn't back down.
"I can see clearly that you've marked yourself and gone out of your way to wear your gear. Have you by chance brought any kind of weaponry?" Vanessa asked directly to Alec. Alec nodded briefly.
"I brought my bow, some arrows and two seraph blades." Alec replied. Magnus could see that he was forcing himself to stay calm.
"Do you have your stele?" She asked. Alec dug into his pocket and produced his stele, holding it in his hand so that she could clearly see it. "Excellent. I want you to draw a rune of strength on your right bicep." Alec held the stele in his left hand and began to carve the rune into his arm. Once he had finished, he showed Vanessa the end result as proof. Vanessa then turned her gaze to Magnus who had taken a seat.
"So Vanessa." Magnus said nonchalantly. "When was the last time you met a warlock as fabulous as me?"
"Never. Now, my second request was that you show your differences. Yet I see no difference upon you. Are you choosing not to obey my request?" Vanessa challenged.
"Of course not. For my difference is not an obvious one unless you look close enough." Vanessa raised an eyebrow and glanced over him.
"I see no difference."
"Darling, if you would look at my eyes then it will become clear." Magnus said. Vanessa met his eyes and watched as he made them shift from a humans, to a cats and then back again.
"Interesting." Vanessa said. Magnus glanced up at Alec and saw him standing as still as a statue. He then grabbed onto his arm and pulled him down onto the chair. Alec leaned against Magnus and tried to keep his eyes away from Vanessa. Magnus smiled and put his arms around Alec. "You two are good together." Vanessa mused. "Do you ever fight?"
"No." Alec said quickly.
"Oh Alexander don't lie. Yes, we do fight. But what couple doesn't? We've been together for several years and we've occasionally fought in that time, but we've always made up." Magnus said. Vanessa pondered over the thought for a few minutes.
"Have you two ever split up because of a fight?"
"Yes." Said Alec and Magnus together.
"It was the last time we fought but it was blown way out of proportion." Alec explained. "Once we'd settled down and talked about it we realised that it had been a ridiculous and pointless fight. We also realised that we hate being apart from one another." Vanessa nodded in understanding.
"Well I'm glad you sorted it out. Now finally, what preparations have you been making for the possibility of having a child?"