The Wedding

Alec was in his room getting changed. He was mostly done other than his jacket that was hung over the back of a chair. He'd never been so nervous in his entire life. His heart pounded in his chest and he had butterflies in his stomach. He wanted nothing more than for everything to go to plan. Picking up his jacket, he slipped his arms through the sleeves and did up the two buttons.
"By the angel..." He said quietly. "This is it." Walking over towards the only mirror in the room, Alec finally saw what he looked like. His gold tuxedo shimmered and his hair had been styled in a way he'd never had it before. He hadn't seen Magnus or Ally all day and he was starting to feel a bit depressed, even though he knew there was a reason. Grabbing his stele, he tucked it into his trouser pocket and slipped his family ring into the other. Suddenly, a knock came at the door and Alec nearly jumped out of his skin.
"Master Lightwood?" Came an unfamiliar voice. "Are you ready?" Alec took one more look at himself in the mirror and took a deep breath to compose himself. He walked over to the door and opened it. The man on the other side studied him quickly.
"Yes. I'm ready." The man nodded and started walking off down the corridor. Alec wasn't sure whether or not he was supposed to follow so he just stood stupidly where he was. It wasn't long before the man realised he wasn't following.
"Are you going to follow me or not?" He called back. Alec rolled his eyes and jogged to catch up to him. His hands trembled uncontrollably due to his nerves. He'd never done something like this before. Alec silently followed the man as they walked down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs he was told to wait. He paced back and forth to try and calm his nerves but it didn't help. It felt like he'd been left alone for hours before the man finally reappeared with a small gold bundle in his arms.
"Da! Da!" Ally called to him. Alec smiled and took her before placing a soft kiss on her cheek and hugging her.
"Oh baby girl, you look so beautiful." Ally rested her head against Alec's shoulder as he hugged her and then looked up at him and smiled. She put her thumbs up like Magnus had taught her and Alec copied her with a big smile on his face.

Alec carried her when they were told to move again and he felt much calmer with her in his arms. She was very well behaved and stayed quiet. She didn't really understand what was going on but she knew what it was that she had to do. It had taken a while for them to find a way to make it happen but eventually they'd done it. They reached a set of double doors and Alec was told to wait again and the man darted in quickly. He wasn't gone for more than a minute and then he reappeared. Alec passed Ally to him reluctantly.
"Da!" Ally shrieked.
"Shh baby girl. Daddy will be right behind you. I promise." Then the man disappeared through the doors with her. A few seconds later they swung open and Alec saw Ally on the floor. She looked as if she was about to cry but when she saw Alec she perked up and smiled. Alec slowly walked in and as soon as he crossed the threshold music started to play. Ally waited for a few seconds and then started to crawl away from him. She had a bunch of flower petals in each hand and one released every time she put her hand down. Alec could see Magnus who had a huge smile on his face. There were a few rows of chairs on each side of the room and everything else had been moved out of the way. Ally crawled straight towards Magnus who picked her up when she reached him. It wasn't long before Alec reached them both. He looked quickly around the large library where it was all taking place. He'd never seen it look so bright before. His family were all there, though Robert had a scowl plastered on his face. The only person who was missing, was Jace.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today." Came an all too familiar voice. Alec looked forwards and saw Jace was the one who would be performing the ceremony. He looked very smart and Alec smiled. He hadn't been expecting it and it was a very pleasant surprise. "To join together Alexander Gideon Lightwood and Magnus Bane in holy matrimony. If there is anyone who has any reason, for why these two should not be wed, speak now. Or forever hold your peace." Jace waited for a few moments. Robert opened his mouth to speak but Maryse dug her elbow into his ribs and silenced him quickly.
"We are here to celebrate the joining of these two to create a happy new family. We will stand by their side as friends, and as family, to make their lives as happy and full as possible. Marriage is not just about love, but also about friendship. For one cannot exist without the other. To truly love another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect.
The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched." Alec had rehearsed his vows over and over again to make them perfect. Jace stepped back to let them speak. Alec and Magnus turned to face each other, Ally was silent in Magnus' arms.
"Alec." Magnus began with a smile on his face. "You're the one I love and the one I want to share my life with. You're my best friend and I can't imagine my life without you. We may fight, but it only makes us stronger. I'll always be here for you. No matter what. I love you Alec, with all my heart." Alec tried his hardest to fight back tears.
"Magnus, you've been with me through so much. In my darkest times you keep me going and I will always do the same for you. You're my best friend and I need you in my life. When we're apart, my heart missed you until we're together again. When we're together, I never want to let you go. When I'm with you, I know everything will be okay. I love you Magnus, with all my heart and soul." Alec was relieved that he'd remembered his lines. He'd been so scared of forgetting them and looking like a fool.
"Magnus, Alexander I now ask you to take each other's hands." Magnus reached up and sat Ally on his shoulders. She knotted her hands in his hair like she'd been told to during practice.
"Magnus, will you take Alexander to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love his today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honour him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" Jace asked.
"I will." Magnus responded without hesitation.
"Alexander, will you take Magnus to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" Jace asked.
"I will." Alec replied with a smile.
"Then without further ado, I pronounce you married and you may kiss." Magnus took Ally off his shoulders and held her in one arm. He put his other arm around Alec's back and kissed him softly. Alec returned the kiss and when they pulled apart they were both smiling. Alec took Ally from Magnus' arms and they all left the institute's library as one happy family.

Alec opened his eyes and turned his head to look at Magnus. He was fast asleep on the couch and showed no signs of waking up. Alec smiled to himself and nestled his head against Magnus' chest. It had only been a dream but it made Alec extremely happy nonetheless. Ally was silent in her room and the only sounds he could hear were his and Magnus' breathing, and Chairman Meow's snoring in his cat mansion. It wasn't hard for Alec to close his eyes and drift off back to sleep.