Two Weeks Today

'Dear Magnus Bane and Alexander Lightwood,

I received your letter regarding you wanting to meet me regarding my unborn baby. Apologies for my late reply but your letter caught me slightly off guard and I did not know how to respond. It is not unknown amongst Shadowhunters that I do not want a baby. This pregnancy caught me off guard and now I can no longer go doing what I do best. I would rather this baby go to a good home, rather than going into an orphanage or something of the likes where I do not know who could get my baby.

I request that you come to meet me in Alicante or another place more suitable so that I can decide for myself whether the two of you would be suitable to raise my baby. From the letter you sent, I have high hopes for the two of you. Gay relationships in the Shadowhunter world are basically unheard of, but gay relationships between a Shadowhunter and a Downworlder are even less heard of. However, I believe everyone should be given the same chance. If you two can prove to me that you will be good for my baby, then I will gladly hand them over to you. I understand your desperation for having a baby and I would love to be the one to help you overcome this obstacle.

It is unknown whether I am having a boy or a girl and I hope that doesn't matter to you. I know that some people are picky about the gender of the baby that they want to adopt. When you visit me, I want to see that you two are ready to take on the role as parents and ready to protect the baby from any harm. You need to show me that my baby will be in good and capable hands. My wish, if I do permit you to have my baby, is that my baby gets their marks when they are of age. I do not want to bring this baby into the world without knowing that they will become what they are born to be. Mr. Lightwood, this is more aimed at you since you are the Shadowhunter in the relationship. The baby needs to be trained when they are old enough and I expect you to train them to the best of their abilities.

Mr. Bane, I know that it will be harder for you with this baby since you are a warlock and not a Shadowhunter. However, I am certain than Mr. Lightwood has alerted you to some of the customs of our people. I expect you to help Mr. Lightwood because not all the responsibility of training should be left to him. Also, I do not think you should use your magic to complete mundane tasks. However that is not my place to say. If you get my baby, however you choose to raise them is up to you.

As for a meeting date, I propose that we meet two weeks today. I will be five months along by that time. There will be a few things that I need you to do before and during the time that we meet.
1. I would like Mr. Lightwood to show his runes when we meet, so that I know for sure he is a runed Shadowhunter who can train my baby.
2. I would like Mr. Bane to show his... His differences when we meet. However major or minor they might me.
3. I would like to see evidence of the two of you making preparations for the possibility of getting a baby. I'll leave this one to your own imagination, you can show this in whatever way you wish.
Finally, 4. You need to show me that your relationship is strong. Do this in any way you wish but I have to know that you won't split up over a minor argument or something like that.

These are my only requests. If you choose to meet me but have trouble meeting me in Alicante, then I will allow you to choose the meeting point that is suitable for all of us. I will not be leaving Idris, I am making this clear right now. But if there is a place inside of Idris that we can meet at then I will oblige. Please send me another letter before the two weeks is up so that I know the meeting point and also that you are willing to meet me.

From Vanessa Youngblood. '

Alec was speechless as he read the letter but the silence was quickly broken by a coughing fit that erupted from his chest.
"Alec, this could happen! I have to reply right away!" Magnus shouted as he scrambled off of the bed. He grabbed a pen and a pad of paper and jumped back onto the bed, making Alec wince.
"Take it easy..." Alec said before he erupted in another fit of coughing. Magnus put the pen and paper down, helped Alec sit up, pulled him close and gently rubbed his back.
"Sorry baby, I'm just excited."
"I know Magnus, I'm excited too." Alec put a shaking hand on his stomach. Magnus felt bad for Alec, he couldn't be as happy as he wanted to be because he was so sick. Holding Alec gently with one arm, Magnus picked up the paper and the pen and began to form a reply to Vanessa.
"Where should we meet her?" Magnus asked. Alec was half asleep with his head propped against Magnus' shoulder.
"How about Ragnor Fell's house? Or the Wayland Manor?" Alec suggested. Magnus pondered over the possibilities.
"Wayland Manor. She'll know where that is." Magnus said as he wrote it down. Alec watched him write, he liked the way that his writing flowed. It was calligraphic. Alec wished that he could write so beautifully.
"Okay. Shall we say that we don't care about the gender?" Magnus asked. Alec thought for a moment before nodding.
"Magnus I feel sick..." Alec said quietly. Reluctantly, Magnus put the pen and paper down. He then turned all his attention to Alec.
"Do you feel like you need to throw up?" Magnus asked. Alec nodded slightly. Magnus helped Alec out of the bed and into the bathroom. They stayed in there for ten minutes but nothing came up. Magnus continually rubbed his back gently and told him that it'd all be okay. Once they got back into the room, Magnus quickly finished off the letter and sent it off. Alec led down watching him write. Once it was gone, Magnus lifted Alec's head and shuffled around until his lap was under his head. He then gently lowered Alec's head until it was rested in his lap. Alec looked up and met Magnus' eyes before he closed his eyes and drifted to sleep. Magnus watched Alec sleep whilst he gently twisted pieces of hair around his fingers. He leaned forwards and gently placed a kiss on Alec's lips. It took a moment but Alec kissed back. Magnus broke the kiss after a few moments and smiled. He placed a hand on Alec's chest and rubbed it gently.
"You smell good..." Alec said. "And that feels good..." Magnus could feel Alec's steady heartbeat and he smiled.
"Go to sleep baby. I won't leave your side." Alec nodded slightly and Magnus noticed his breathing slow and fall into a regular pattern. He stayed with Alec all night, soothing him when he coughed and rubbing his stomach gently to keep his discomfort and pain at bay. Alec didn't wake once in the night and Magnus was very happy. It made it easier on both of them, even though Magnus was craving sleep.