Say Daddy?

Six months later, Alec was led on his front in Ally's nursery. Ally was on her front too, facing Alec.
"Who's daddy's baby girl?" He asked with a smile on his face. "Can you say daddy?" Ally looked away from him and pushed herself up into a sitting position. She'd been slowly getting used to sitting up without being supported though she hadn't been convinced to crawl yet. Alec and Magnus had tried everything from her bear, to cuddles to try and get her to crawl but nothing had worked. They'd eventually decided to leave her to her own devices. She'd crawl when she was ready.
"Can you say daddy?" Alec asked again. He'd been gently trying to coax her into talking for weeks. She spent a lot of time babbling to herself when she was playing but she hadn't shown any signs of wanting to speak human words. Flopping back down onto her stomach, Ally army crawled over to her favourite bear and cuddled it happily. Alec sighed but he couldn't help but smile. Magnus stepped into the room and Ally shrieked happily from her place on the floor.
"Well hello to you too sweetie." Magnus said as he joined Alec on the floor. Ally army crawled over to the two of them with her bear clutched tightly in one hand. Magnus smiled at her as she rolled onto her back in front of them and cuddled her bear. It was the bear that Alec and Magnus had given her when they'd gotten her home after being in London. She'd slept with it every night and they couldn't take her anywhere without it. If they forgot it then she'd scream until they got it back for her. They'd only ever forgotten it twice and that was when she was only a couple of weeks old. Magnus took her bear from her and played with her using it. Ally giggled and tried to grab her bear when Magnus held it close to her. She was learning when the right time to grab it was and on the third time of Magnus holding the bear close to her, she grabbed hold of it and refused to let go. Alec laughed and kissed Ally's cheek.
"My beautiful girl." He said with a smile. Magnus nudged Alec's arm.
"Our beautiful girl." Alec tickled Ally and laughed when she shrieked. Ally loved being tickled and it always got her giggling away. After a few minutes, Magnus decided that he'd join in so he started tickling Ally too. She squirmed around on the floor and tried to push their hands away. Alec was the first to notice that she was getting distressed so he stopped tickling her and picked her up.
"Oh sweetie, it's okay. Don't you cry. You've been so good." Alec said before he placed a gentle kiss on the end of her nose. Ally quickly wiped her nose and reached for Magnus.
"Ma!" Ally shrieked. "Ma!" Alec could hardly contain his laughter. He passed Ally to Magnus and bit his bottom lip to try and stop himself from laughing.
"Well done baby. You're finally talking. But I'm not mommy. I'm daddy." Ally looked up at him, confused. She didn't understand a word he was saying.
"Ma?" Magnus shook his head. Ally teared up and buried her head into his chest.
"Oh sweetie, shh." Magnus soothed. He gently bounced her up and down to try and settle her.
"Hey Ally. It's okay. You spoke! That's great! We're so proud of you baby." Ally looked at Alec but she didn't look happy like normal. "Can you say ma again?" Alec asked. "I like your pretty voice." Ally buried her head back into Magnus' chest. Alec looked at Magnus and shrugged. He didn't know what else he could do.
"Ally, sweetie I think it's nap time. Someone is a bit cranky.* Magnus said as he stood up with her. He lay her down in her cot and put her bear by her side. It wasn't until Magnus pulled her blanket up to her chest that she started to cry.
"Ma! Ma!" Ally shrieked. Alec stepped forward and picked her up.
"It's okay beautiful girl. Calm down." Magnus picked up her bear and gave it to Alec. Carrying Ally over to the rocking chair, Alec sat down and rocked them gently.

It was several hours before Ally finally calmed down and Magnus was on the verge of tearing his hair out. He and Alec had tried everything to calm Ally down but nothing had worked. When she finally settled, her eyes were red and looked very sore.
"Oh baby girl. Do your likkle eyes hurt?" Almost like she understood what he was saying, Ally rubbed her eyes. Alec stood up with her and lay her down in her cot. He placed a gentle kiss on her cheek and put her bear next to her. He crouched down next to the crib and smiled at her.
"Go to sleep baby girl." He whispered. "Go to sleep." Ally sneezed the most adorable little sneeze and grabbed onto her bear. She held it close and her eyes drifted shut. Alec smiled at her and left the room quietly. Magnus was stood by the windowsill stroking his stunning white cat. Chairman Meow was purring like an engine. He didn't get as much attention now that Ally was around but Magnus always found time during the day to spend with him. Chairman Meow was his baby first and Alec accepted that. The cat was like family to Magnus and had been there for him before he even knew that Alec had existed. He was spoilt rotten. Whether it was for his toys or his food, Magnus spared no expense to make sure that Chairman Meow was given the best of the best. They did the same for Ally. They spoilt her rotten and they always would. When she was old enough, Alec and Magnus would teach her that money isn't everything and that family is the most important thing in the world. Magnus had never been taught that but Alec had. And he held it true to his heart and knew that he always would.

No matter what, Alec knew that family was forever. Whether they be human, or cats, it didn't matter. Not to Alec.