Nakey baby!

Less than a week later the three of them returned to New York. Ally cried for the entire plane journey back, much to the annoyance of many of the passengers including Magnus. Alec had done his best to try and soothe her but nothing had helped. In the end he had her cradled in his arms and had sung quietly to her whilst forcing his eyes to stay open. Once the plane had landed Ally had settled and eventually, after more than eight hours, Ally stopped crying. Alec swore that he could hear everyone who was aboard the plane sigh collectively.

As soon as they returned to their apartment, Alec put Ally to bed in her crib and dragged his feet back into the living room. He collapsed over the back of the couch and let himself fall asleep for the first time since they'd set off from their hotel room back in London. Alec was exhausted. Magnus had vanished into their room to get changed and reappeared in a silk robe.

"Oh Alexander." He sighed once he saw his boyfriend asleep dangled over the back of the couch. Magnus walked around the couch to where Alec was and gently lifted him up.

"No..." Alec mumbled in his sleep. "I don't wanna wake up..." Magnus couldn't help but smile.

"You don't have to wake up baby." He soothed quietly. "I'm just taking you to bed. It wasn't long before Magnus had Alec settled in their bed. He made a quick decision to leave Alec in his clothes to ensure that he didn't wake him. Magnus knew how tired he was. Alec had been the one waking up during the night whenever Ally had woken up and it had sometimes taken him hours to get her to go back to sleep. Magnus decided that it was time for him to pull some weight instead of relying on Alec to do everything. He was used to taking care of Chairman Meow and he didn't see how a child could be that much different from a cat.

They'd only been home for a few hours when Ally started to cry. Alec peeled his eyes open and started to sit up in bed.

"Ally..." He mumbled, still half asleep. "Ally, daddy needs sleep..." Magnus kissed his cheek and pushed gently on his shoulders, he knew that Alec thought they were back in London.

"Go back to sleep darling. I'll get Ally." Magnus said with a smile.

"Really?" Alec asked but he fell asleep before Magnus could answer him. Leaving the room quietly, Magnus walked into Ally's nursery and carefully picked her up.

"Oh sweetie, don't you cry. Daddy will make it all better." Magnus said before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. He checked her nappy quickly and after concluding that it was clean he carried her to the kitchen. Carrying Ally made it hard for him to make her a bottle but after about ten minutes he managed. Sitting down on the couch, Magnus cradled Ally in his arm and fed her. She didn't drink much and after Magnus burped her she started crying again.

"Darling what's wrong?" Magnus asked. He instantly felt stupid as he knew she couldn't tell him.

"Where's her dummy and her blankie..?" Came a tired voice. Magnus looked up and saw Alec leaning against their bedroom door. He stood up and looked around before he plucked her dummy from the dining room table. Magnus then went back into Ally's nursery and grabbed her blanket from her cot. Sitting back down on the couch in the living room, Magnus wrapped the blanket around her and put the dummy in her mouth. Alec had vanished from the doorway and Magnus assumed he'd gone back to bed.

"How about we go and cuddle with your daddy?" Magnus asked and then mentally slapped himself. He silently carried Ally into his and Alec's bedroom and lay down on the bed beside Alec. Alec was fast asleep, still fully clothed. Magnus kept hold of Ally but held her so that she could see Alec. "That's your daddy sweetheart. He's very sleepy." Magnus whispered. He ran his fingers gently through Alec's hair as he slept. Ally looked at Alec with a pair of big blue eyes and then she looked up at Magnus. He'd finally learnt to hold her right so she wasn't uncomfortable or in pain. Ally wriggled one of her arms free and reached up, getting a lock of Magnus' hair in her tiny hand. Before Magnus realised what she'd done, Ally pulled unintentionally. He bit his lip hard so he didn't cry out and wake Alec. Gently, Magnus coaxed Ally's hand off of his hair and let her hold his finger. "That was daddy's hair baby girl. It hurts when you pull daddy's hair." Magnus whispered. Ally lay comfortably in his arms, looking completely innocent. She didn't know she'd done anything wrong. It wasn't long before Ally fell asleep in Magnus's arms. Magnus watched her chest rise and fall with every breath she took and smiled.

"Our baby girl..." Alec mumbled tiredly. His eyes were open slightly and he was looking over at Magnus and Ally. Magnus linked his fingers with Alec's and smiled.

"She's all ours and I've never been happier." Magnus looked at the tiny baby nestled in the crook of his arm. Ally was fast asleep with one hand clutched onto Magnus' shirt and the other over her stomach.

"Don't fall asleep with her in your arms... It's dangerous for her..." Alec warned. Magnus could hear that he was drifting back to sleep as well as see it.

"I won't baby. Go to sleep." Alec complied quickly and closed his eyes. Magnus sat up keeping a close eye on both Alec and Ally. The next time that Ally woke up, Magnus was ready and quickly took her from the room.

"Oh sweetheart. Daddy will make you some milk, don't you worry." It took Magnus less time to make up a bottle this time and he fed her once it was the right temperature. He sat down with her on the couch and fed her the bottle. "I think Ally has a stinky nappy." Magnus said as he wrinkled his nose. When Ally finished her bottle and had been burped, Magnus carried her into her nursery and lay her down on her changing table. He carefully undressed her and removed her nappy. "Look at the tiny nakey baby!" Magnus exclaimed with a smile. He leaned forwards and kissed the end of her nose which made a slight giggle erupt from Ally's mouth. Cleaning Ally up and putting a new nappy on her, Magnus decided it was time for a bit of playtime.