Demon Attack

After the film had finished, Alec sat up and stretched.
"Why don't we go for a walk?" He suggested. "We haven't been anywhere together for ages." It was true, they hadn't been together in a public place for more than four months and the apartment was becoming a boring and constant sight for both of them. Especially Magnus.
"Sure, I'll grab a jacket." Magnus stood up and left the room. Whilst he could, Alec strapped several weapons to his body, concealing them with his clothes. He had a dagger strapped to each ankle and one around his left forearm. He also had a seraph blade, going by the name of Nakir, in his belt. He hated going out unarmed, and when he was with Magnus he felt an overpowering need to protect him. Even though Magnus could use his magic to fight. Magnus emerged from their bedroom as Alec was shrugging on a jacket to cover his dagger.
"Ready?" Alec asked whilst zipping up the front of his jacket.
"Ready." Magnus replied. He'd picked up his favourite scarf whilst he was in the bedroom and was in the process of putting it around his neck. Then, he took Alec's right hand and the two of them left the apartment together. Alec always preferred to be on the left when they were holding hands and it wasn't just because he concealed a weapon on his right arm. He just felt much comfier whilst on the left hand side. Magnus was completely unaware of the weapons that Alec was carrying and he walked happily beside him. Before too long, they came across their local park. It was beginning to go dark outside so there were only a few teenagers hanging around. They got a few funny looks and some snide remarks as they passed, but neither responded. They couldn't have cared less. Both of them were used to it and as long as there was no physical confrontation they both ignored it. It was extremely rare that they were physically confronted, it had happened only twice since they had made their relationship official, however they got verbal abuse nearly every time they went out together. Alec looked up at the moon, it wasn't quite full but it would be in a few days.
"Well, Luke is going to be having fun in the next few days." Alec observed. Beside him, Magnus nodded. Alec looked gazed up at the gradually darkening sky, trusting Magnus to lead him in a straight line.
"I've always liked the dark." Magnus said. "I was never afraid of it as a child." Alec looked at Magnus and smiled.
"I used to be terrified of the dark. But being afraid of the dark and being a Shadowhunter don't tend to go well together." Magnus laughed quietly to himself.
"No, I imagine not." Alec looked down at the floor. Secretly, he was still afraid of the dark, though he never told anyone. Not even Jace knew and it was something that Jace wasn't going to find out. Magnus and Alec walked in silence for a short while, enjoying each other's company. There was a cold wind that occasionally blew past them, making Alec shiver. He was freezing cold and his teeth were chattering. "Alec, baby come on. Let's go home. You're going to get ill at this rate." Alec looked at Magnus and nodded. Magnus could see that he didn't want to disappoint him by asking him to go home early.
"I d-d-didn't want to m-m-make you think I d-d-didn't want to be here." Alec stammered, struggling to get his words out. Magnus stopped him from walking and pulled him into his arms. Alec was as stiff as a board and Magnus could feel him shivering violently.
"If you're cold, then I'll always understand if you want to head back." Magnus said quietly in his ear. Alec put his arms around Magnus, doing everything he could to try and warm up. He was desperate. Magnus lifted Alec's jacket and t-shirt slightly, putting his hands underneath and onto the small of Alec's back. His hands were warm despite the cold, and Alec gasped as soon as the contact was made.
"S-s-so warm..." Alec said, burying his head against Magnus' neck. Magnus smiled and kissed Alec's cheek softly.

They stood holding each other for almost ten minutes before Alec heard the unmistakeable sound of a demon. He stood completely still, concentrating fully.
"It's not close. Not yet." He said with certainty. "But it'll be on us quickly." Alec pulled away from Magnus and pulled his stele out of his pocket.
"What will be? Alec please explain." Magnus was incredibly confused.
"A demon, I don't know what type so I have to be quick. Some move much faster than others." Alec explained whilst quickly, but neatly decorating his body with the flowing designs of his runes. He left an Iratze unfinished on his right bicep, ready if he needed it. Magnus watched him prepare, Alec had had to shed his jacket in order to apply the runes which had allowed Magnus to see the concealed dagger on his arm. Alec pulled the dagger out of its sheathe and then stood motionless, listening for any signs of the demon. He'd made himself invisible to all Mundanes so he could do pretty much anything he wanted. Magnus was standing out the way, he could see that Alec was starting to shiver again and he hoped that it was just a false alarm.
"Alec? What was it that you heard?" Magnus asked.
"It sounded like a whip... Raveners have tails that swing from side to side which creates a sound like a whip cracking."
"Or it could just be a person using a whip." Magnus didn't believe his own words, Alec had been trained to kill demons for most of his life. Surely he'd know when one was nearby, Magnus hoped. The surrounding area was silent, except for the occasional rustle of the leaves on the trees. Alec scanned the area thoroughly, turning slowly on the spot. He was almost facing Magnus when the wind made the leaves rustle again, and he heard it. The whip like cracking of a Raveners tail. Alec knew that Magnus hadn't heard it, but it was gaining ground on them quickly. A moment later, Alec saw it running straight towards Magnus. Without a moment's hesitation, he started to run towards him.
"Magnus! Get down!" Alec yelled. At the last possible moment, Magnus dropped to the ground. Just as a Ravener demon leapt over him. Alec was ready, all his training had been for this moment. I will protect Magnus and I will kill this demon, was the only thing going through Alec's mind. Glancing over at Magnus, Alec could see him getting to his feet. Relieved that he hadn't been hurt, Alec turned his attention to the Ravener. It had been years since he'd faced one, but he remembered that they had venomous saliva and he really didn't want to be hit by its tail. For a few minutes, Alec did nothing but dodge every attack that was thrown his way. He was desperate to get the Ravener away from Magnus and he succeeded, though it was a slow process. Only when he'd managed to get a safe distance away from Magnus did Alec start to fight. At first he only used his daggers. One he got stuck in the demon's back and was unable to retrieve. After losing that one, he took out the two that were strapped to his ankles. Magnus was gobsmacked that Alec carried around so many weapons without him realising.

It was a long a laborious battle for Alec, and even more so for Magnus who could only stand and watch. He didn't want to get in Alec's way. The most he could do was distract the Ravener from time to time with tiny spurts of magic, though his magic was becoming less effective. His distractions weren't working anymore and it set him greatly on edge. Magnus watched as Alec leapt over the swinging tail of the Ravener, missing it by an inch. The next thing Magnus heard was a screech. He knew it wasn't Alec, the only time Alec could have made a noise like that was when Magnus embarrassed him or caught him doing something he shouldn't. A quick glance at Alec showed that he was left with only one dagger, though he couldn't see where it had disappeared to. Alec was covered in a layer of sweat, the cold breeze completely forgotten about. Magnus was incredibly proud of Alec, the last time he had seen Alec fight was the year that Max had died. When Valentine had summoned hundreds of demons. The memory sent shivers down Magnus' spine. Snapping back into what was going on, Magnus watched as the Ravener backed off slightly. In the blink of an eye, Alec sheathed his final dagger and pulled out the Seraph blade he had concealed in his belt.
"Nakir." Alec whispered and the blade sprung into life. "Let's finish this." Alec muttered to himself. Then he sprung into action. His blade held tightly in his stronger right hand. Magnus watched as Alec dodged three attacks from the Ravener and then slid on his side underneath it. For a moment, Alec vanished from his sight. Then, before his eyes, the Ravener started collapsing in on itself. With a shriek, the Ravener disappeared. Magnus ran over to the spot where it had vanished and saw Alec laying on his side on the cold floor.
"Alec!" Magnus sprinted to his side and dropped to his knees beside him. "Alec?" Magnus gently rolled him onto his back. Alec smiled up at him.
"We did it." Alec said, taking Magnus' hand. Magnus shook his head.
"You did it. You killed it." Magnus said. Helping Alec sit up he noticed him try and hide a sharp gasp of pain. "You're hurt..." Instantly Magnus started checking Alec, trying to find the source of his pain.
"Magnus, Magnus stop. Let's just get home. You can worry there. It's freezing out here." Magnus nodded slightly and stood up. Then, taking Alec's hands, he pulled him to his feet. Alec was severely off balance and leaned heavily onto Magnus for support. Magnus sighed heavily.
"I know you hate me using magic for things like this, but we are not walking home with you in this condition." Alec started to protest but a quick glare from Magnus silenced him. He was too tired to argue anyway. Slipping his arms around Alec's back, Magnus prepared to transport them. Suddenly, Alec pushed away from him. "Alexander we are not walking!" Magnus yelled. Stumbling, Alec walked over to where the Ravener had died. Looking around, he tried to locate his two daggers. Magnus walked over to Alec, steadying him and preventing him from falling.
"My daggers... I need my daggers..." Alec said frantically. "Jace, he gave them to me. I need them back." Against his will, Alec sat down on the floor with Magnus' help.
"I will find your daggers. Okay? You stay put." Alec didn't usually listen when Magnus told him to stay somewhere, but this time he obeyed. He watched Magnus do a quick scan of the area. It took him less than five minutes to find both of Alec's daggers and once he'd taken them back to his exhausted and injured boyfriend, he transported them both back home.