The Glitter Faerie

Alec nodded a greeting to Kaelie who appeared very busy. He went to a seat and waited for Kaelie to go over to him. He put his numerous shopping bags on the floor and the baby clothes caught his eye, making him smile. He waited patiently for ten minutes before Kaelie went over to him.

"Hey Alec, good to see you here. Been shopping I see." Kaelie smiled at him.

"Yeah, met a very rude woman in the last shop and this is my last stop before I go home." Kaelie frowned slightly but then smiled again.

"Why was the woman rude?" She asked, Alec's eyes wandered down to the bag that contained the baby clothes.

"We had a difference of opinions." Was all he wanted to say. Kaelie wasn't one to press any further so she pulled out a pad of paper and a pen.

"Too bad. It happens." She began. "So, what can I get for you Hun?" She asked. Alec smiled.

"Four large orders of coconut pancakes please, to go." Kaelie wrote it down.

"Okay Hun, it won't be too long."

"Take your time, I'm in no rush." Alec said, he pulled his wallet out and paid in advance. He watched her place the order and then take some food to another table. He'd spent a lot of money that day, but he wasn't overly bothered. Alec sat, staring at the salt and pepper shakers on the table. His confrontation with the woman in the baby shop played over and over in his head. After almost twenty minutes, Kaelie took over a bag with four boxes of pancakes in them.

"The syrup is in the boxes, and I hope you and Magnus enjoy them."

"We will. Thanks Kaelie." Alec said, giving her a $10 tip. She was just about to turn away when Alec caught her arm. "Can I talk to you? Please? I need to talk to someone or my head is going to explode." Kaelie looked around the shop and saw that everyone had been served and that there were no new customers in. She sat across from Alec and put her hand on his.

"Talk away Hun."

"This is a bit private so can we keep this between us?" Kaelie nodded. Alec trusted Kaelie completely.

"Magnus and I are thinking of adopting a baby..." Alec said quietly, making sure no-one else could hear.

"Oh my gosh! Alec, that's so cute!" Kaelie exclaimed with a huge grin on her face. Alec looked down at the salt and pepper shakers again. "Is this what the dispute was about?" Alec nodded.

"Yeah. I told the woman that Magnus and I are planning on it. I knew she didn't approve by the way she looked at me."

"Oh Alec. Some people don't understand. You go for it, if you want this then you do it. Don't let stupid people like that ruin it for you." As usual, Kaelie knew exactly what to say. Alec smiled happily.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Kaelie, you're amazing." Alec said, giving her another $5 tip.

"Now, you get back home to that lucky warlock and have a great day." Kaelie said, springing out of her seat. She stepped to his side and kissed his forehead lightly. "I'll see you again Hun." Alec got all his bags together and added the bag of pancakes to his collection.

"Thanks a lot Kaelie, I owe you."

"You owe me nothing, now get going. Don't leave that warlock alone any longer than you have to." Alec smiled and shouted his thanks to the chef before leaving.

In less than half an hour, Alec was home. He awkwardly dug through his pocket to find his key which was not easy with half a dozen bags in each hand. In the end, he gave up and kicked the door.

"Magnus!" He called, but got no response. "Magnus, let me in!" Alec called again. This time he could hear a pair of feet moving closer to the door.

"Who is it?" Magnus asked, putting on an extremely feminine voice.

"The glitter fairy, now let me in." Magnus opened the door and threw his arms around Alec, pulling him into a bone crushing hug. "I missed you too." Alec said. Magnus took some of the bags from him and went to the kitchen, dumping them on the floor. Alec carried the rest in and got out the flowers he bought. Magnus' eyes lit up.

"Oh Alec, you didn't have to." Alec smiled.

"I know. I wanted to. I annoyed you and I wanted to make up for it." He handed the flowers to Magnus and then got out the box of chocolates. "I got you these too."

"You're the best." Alec smiled and picked up the bag of pancakes. He grabbed two plates, and two sets of knives and forks, setting them out on the dining room table.

"Dinner is served." Alec pulled Magnus' chair out for him so he could sit down. He took the boxes out of the bag and put two on Magnus' plate and two on his own.

"Ooh, I smell coconut pancakes. My favourite." Magnus said as he opened the top box. Across the table, Alec opened his own box, took out the pot of syrup and slid it across to Magnus. He only ever used one pot and Magnus had a sweeter tooth than he did. The two of them ate in complete silence and when they'd finished, they washed everything up and emptied the rest of the bags.

"We have a meat order coming in about an hour, here's Chairman Meow's fish and chicken." Alec said, handing them to Magnus who put them in the fridge. From the couch, Chairman Meow was watching them with interest. Alec was purposely keeping one bag until last. "Here is your glitter, Brent sends his best, please do not use the glitter on me." Alec teased, earning him a playful smile from Magnus.

"Aww, would I do that?" Magnus replied.

"Yes, we both know you would." Alec was putting the milk in the fridge and when he looked back, he saw Magnus looking in the bag he was keeping separate. "Magnus wait, I was keeping that separate for a reason." Magnus looked up from the bag and put it down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." Alec took his hand, they'd unpacked every other bag. "Where are my shirts by the way?" Magnus asked, hoping Alec hadn't forgotten.

"They're in here." Alec said, picking up the one remaining bag. "By the way, I am never going to that shop again. It always gives me a headache." Magnus laughed and let himself be led over to the couch. Alec dug out his two shirts and set them down. Magnus wasn't paying attention to the shirts though. He was more interested in what else was in the bag. Alec reached in, and pulled out the tiny pair of trainers. Magnus' mouth hit the floor.

"Oh my god! They're so cute!" Magnus exclaimed, taking them from Alec. Then Alec pulled out the onesie and the blanket, each time Magnus' reaction was the same and it made Alec smile. "Oh Alec, they're so perfect. They'll be great for our baby girl."

"Speaking of our baby girl, I've been thinking about it, and I've decided that if you want a Shadowhunter, we can get a Shadowhunter." Magnus looked at him and smiled.

"That's a nice offer, but it was you who wanted a baby in the first place. If you want a warlock, then we can get a warlock." Yet again, they'd come to a standstill. Alec wasn't in the mood for a second argument that day so he let the topic drop. Alec lay down on the couch and put his head in Magnus' lap. Magnus had put the baby clothes down and had hold of one of his shirts. Unfolding it, he held it in front of him, meaning that Alec could see it too. Alec winced and looked away, burying his head into Magnus' thigh.

"That shop really does give you a headache, doesn't it?" Magnus asked. Alec nodded against his thigh. Magnus quickly checked the second shirt and then put them both away. "You know, I was thinking we could have a party soon. It's been a while." Magnus was speaking his mind.

"As long as it's not today, I don't care." Alec's words were muffled against Magnus' leg but he still managed to make them out.

"I was thinking next week, I'll even invite Jace if you want." Alec shrugged, Jace hated the parties that Magnus threw though Alec had never told him that. Magnus sighed and played with Alec's hair. "You need a haircut." He said, tugging lightly on a piece of Alec's hair.

"I know, I've been meaning to get one." Alec rolled his head back to the side and looked at the TV. Magnus had been watching an old film that was in black and white. It was easy on his eyes so he decided to watch it.