Her grand-aunt ignored her, her focus entirely on her knitting pattern. Quinn took a deep breath.

"Grand-aunt, I want the complete truth about my real family," she blunted. Her grand-aunt placed the unfinished sweater carefully on her lap, her glacial gaze focused on her face. An unnerving silence followed before she finally spoke.

"What do you mean? You are well aware of our lineage," she said irritably.

Grand-aunt is playing it safe but she knew how to play as well.

"Granny, while you were gone, I paid a visit to the real heir of the Richards." She paused and glanced around the room, avoiding eye contact. "Kade," Quinn revealed. Helen Deveraux stared at Quinn, an unreadable expression on her grave face. When the shock finally worn out, she rose in haste and paced in the room.

"You did what? It's not possible." She shook her head. "No mortal can go there...unless you are one of THEM," she accused. Quinn stared at her in complete shock when she sat on the edge of the creaky bed and wept. She had never seen her grand-aunt in such a state before. She tried to console her but her grand-aunt pushed her away.

"Leave me alone. You're evil, just like her!"

Quinn wanted some clarifications but saw the distressed look on Helen Deveraux's face, padded out of the room and closed the door silently.

She cursed herself for having set her feet in this weird small town. It seemed like Blue Haven itself held a forbidden dark secret that somehow is related to her. 

She wandered away from the house, mindlessly in the dark streets headed to the lush thick unwelcoming forest. Instead of giving more information about her birth mother, Helen Deveraux preferred to shut her out. But Quinn had never accepted defeat in her life. Her growing curiosity needed to be quenched.

The honk of an approaching car alarmed her. She got by the side of the road and turned back only to admire a black convertible Mustang at its full allure. The car stopped upon spotting her. She stood stunned when the glass window eased down to show its owner, none other but Dravon Blackwell.

Head cocked on one side, he studied her. "Why am I not surprised you're again alone, walking in the dark. Either you're bold or just plain stupid."

Whatever she'd been about to reply, he did not wait to listen. "Hop in," he ordered.

"I don't think so, Dravon. Not when you dislike me," she muttered, her body leaned by the car.

"Don't test my patience Quinn. Just do as I say," he said in a slow but firm voice. She opened the door and settled in the leather seat.

With the engine purring back to life, Dravon drove smoothly all the way through the desolate road. He preferred to maintain silence. The growing tension between them was overbearing specially when she dared to watch him through fluttered eyelashes and he would catch her in doing so. She shifted nervously in her seat. She doubted his intentions but she couldn't deny that she felt safe with him. The destination wasn't important anymore — just the moment mattered.

Her jaw dropped the moment he pulled in the driveway. She had stayed in a luxurious manor back in New York but it was nothing to what she admired. The automatic gold iron gates opened to the Blackwell's old dark but well-maintained vast Gothic mansion. Wild blood-colored climbing roses manifested on the black-stoned walls enhancing its forbidden mysterious aura. A dense forest guarded the property semi-encircling it like a protective shield. Dravon switched off the engine and stepped out. He had enough decency to open the door for her despite his arrogant attitude.

They walked along a gravel path that wound around to the mansion's main entrance where a classy butler waited to greet them. Tall, sturdy and silver-haired, he represented the house grandeur. No wonder the owner himself displayed his aura of dominance and power. He had everything he wanted.

"Sir, your guests are waiting in the study."

Dravon handled him the keys while Quinn stood beside him.

"Good." He glanced briefly over his shoulder to Quinn and turned his attention back to the butler.

"George, meet Quinn, my special guest," he said as he held her arm. George's skeptical gaze missed nothing before he stepped aside. Dravon guided her inside.

He exerted a slight pressure on her arm sensing her confusion. The physical contact allowed him to read her messed up mind. He knew she wanted the identity of her real parents. He had waited for that moment badly. And now she was at his mercy. A smirk formed on the corner of his mouth at that last thought.

The interior was amazingly spacious and opulently decorated with the study room located farthest down the gold-tiled long hallway. Quinn followed him without a word. It was hard to focus around her when all she kept thinking was his touch on her skin — how it electrified her blood making her skin flush scarlet red.    

She heard voices coming from the room with the tall doors left slightly open. She paused at the doorway, taking it all when Dravon held it wide open to let her in.

It was a big room with books stacked till the length of the high ceilings and ruby red velvety lush curtains puddled onto the floor creating a cozy effect. Dark antique mahogany furniture complemented the surrounding with black Italian leather couches in the middle. Seated on them were the Blue Sorority elites.

A very smiling Jade gestured her to join them on the couch. She happily did so. The twins were arguing on the quality of the wine bottle Ash held, Lisa with a heavy book on her lap and Shade deep in thought. Quinn felt at home with them, away from her problems. Dravon closed the door and turned his icy glare on the twins. They fell silent. He seated his lean body in a black leather armchair facing them all.