Chapter 29: Papers

SORRY! I know I am late :( 

-----------------------------------------

I stared at my phone screen with a faded smile on my lips

I stared at my phone screen with a faded smile on my lips. I examined the group photo of all of us at the Diner.

I witnessed the small smile on my face that I wasn't aware I made in the photo. The spark of happiness that I possessed that day laid in my eyes. The happiness I don't see anymore when I look in the mirror.

I scanned everyone in the photo. Emily, Stephanie, Noah, and Aaron. My eyes caught onto Brandon and it lingered for a few seconds before I clicked the screen off. The screen blackened and I placed the phone next to me, I rubbed my palms down my face.

I haven't spoken to Brandon since Monday and it is now Wednesday. Today in school I didn't even see him. I think that is for the best.

I tried to keep my space from Stephanie, Emily, Noah but, that haven't worked out for me. So, I just try to stay unattached; to not care any more than I already do.

Aaron, I haven't really spoken too, he would check on me and make sure I'm okay but, he would be with Brandon.

Something has been wrong with Aaron when he talks to me. Like he wants to say something but is fighting against it.

Stephanie would tell me to talk to Brandon and she doesn't understand why I stopped; Nobody does. Aaron is the only person that hasn't mention Brandon to me.

I heard my door creak open but, I didn't look at the door to figure out who it was. "What" I breathed out. I didn't sound frustrated just exhausted.

Nobody answered me. I went to look up but, then a small body jumped on top of me. The impact made the bed slightly bounce.

A grunt escaped my mouth as I looked down at my very light attacker, He smiled up at me with innocent eyes.

"And what may you want?" I raised an eyebrow at his slung body. Jalen turned to face we probably while he still laid on top of me. "I'm hungry"

I rolled my eyes "You know you are getting type heavy you know" I lied. Jalen is actually really light for his age but, he is the healthiest kid I know. He shrugged his shoulders "So, I'm a boy I don't care...what is your excuse?" He shot back.

I gasped acting like it hurt my feelings. I chuckled as I spoke "Hay! You came to me to say you were hungry. I don't have to get you anything."

He smiled at me "I thought we were just having a truthful conversation, no need for threats." He raised his body up to look at me better. I looked at him and then pushed him off of me resulting in him falling off the bed and crashing to the floor.

"Hay!" He screamed and pushed himself off the floor like it didn't even hurt. "Why did you do that?"

I shrugged "I can do what I want it's my room. Or did you forget." He crosses his arms over his chest "well guess what? I'm telling Aunt Carol." He stuck his tongue out at me and ran out the room.