Chapter 4:Parking Lot and Preppy Blonde

The photo above is what Alexis wore to school but replace the sneakers for booties. 

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter song: Here by Alessia Cara 

A mixture of jingles, shrieks and high pitched squeals crippled my ears once again. My alarm blasted through my room for the third time. I mentally cursed out the person that made alarms. Who thought of such a dumbass idea. I once again rush to put it on snooze and turned around to fall back to sleep.

Seconds later there was loud banging at my door "If your alarm ring one more time I would drag your ass out of the bed my damn self!" Levi yelled through the door. I flopped around the bed aggravated I was once again interrupted from sleeping before I kicked the blanket off of me.

I repeatedly blinked my eyes trying to clear up my groggy vision. When my eyesight focused I looked at the clock, it was 6:30. For a second I forgot school was today and I was ready to walk out this room and bang Levi's head into the wall.

I sat in my bed staring at the window for a couple minutes before I made an attempt to get out of bed.. The sun was breaking through the sky leaving a mixture of red and orange with a splash of gray.

I slowly swayed my way to my closet. I grabbed the first thing I saw because I didn't feel like spending years in the closet.

I grabbed a pair of light blue shorts with a black fitted tank top and a red and black flannel. I threw it on my bed and walked to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the bathroom. My hair was in a small bun on my head and I wiped the crust out my eyes. I grabbed the toothbrush and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my phone and started to play music off my playlist that I downloaded last night.

When i was done I went in the shower. I let the hot water drop on my back and loosen the tension building up in my back.

Today will be the day Jalen will be out of my sight for 8 hours straight. I couldn't help but feel worried for him. I could handle myself but he couldn't.

I grabbed my lemon body wash and rubbed it all over me. I made sure not to get my hair wet because I didn't have time to blow dry it. I ran the razor over my legs and then got out the shower.

I stepped out the shower and started to get ready for my day.

When I got dressed I looked in the mirror and pulled my hair out the bun. I grabbed a brush and started to brush through the tangles in my hair. One tangle got caught in the brussels and pulled at my hair "shit" i hissed picking out the knot.

When i successfully untangled it i let it fall in the waves the brush left. . I didn't really care how it looked and since it's short now it was easier to manage.

I pulled on my black booties. It wasn't the booties that had a 4 inch heel. These booties barely had a heel just the way I liked it.

I flung my bag on my shoulder and made my way downstairs. Jalen was sitting at the table as Aunt Carol passed him some waffles. Levi was sitting at the table stirring his coffee.

"Good morning" Aunt Carol chirped out. I cringed at her happy mood. I didn't know someone can be that happy so early.

"Morning" I replied sitting next to Jalen. He was wearing a uniform. An orange collared shirt and khaki pants. I rubbed his cheek and looked over at Levi. "Don't bang on my door like that..ever." I mumbled. He looked at me with a blank face then looked back at his coffee "fine..I'll just drag you out next time." he shrugged.