Chapter 14: Cigarettes

David POV

I violently rubbed the temples of my forehead as I tapped off the ash from the bottom of my newly lit cigarette. My eyes were tightly shut, contemplating my options. I opened my eyes and leaned back on the couch. I placed the cigarette on the side of my mouth and inhaled deeply. I puffed out, the smoke seeped through my mouth and nose as I breathed out. The smoke formed a cloud in front of me. I waved it away before taking another pull.

I can't find her or her nettlesome brother anywhere. I stayed here in Virginia just in case they didn't leave the state but, that smart bitch slipped through my hands. It took me a whole year to find her again at that dead asshole house and she got away.

Images of that day a year ago played in my head. The look on her face when she glared at me. When she failed to get loose from the chair but, never stopped trying. The look of betrayal when she realized who set her up in the first place. Fortunately for me, she was stupid enough to trust the wrong person and they gave her up with just a wave of a few dollar signs.

A rush of excitement passed through me thinking about what it will be like to hear her screams again. My head is leaned back on the couch, a cloud of smoke circling around me as I continued to think about "Alexis" I let her name roll off my tongue. Coming out as smooth as silk on skin.

I need to find her again. I have to have her back. She entertains me, she fights back and she doesn't hold back. I chuckled and my hand subconsciously touched the scar running down my chin.

She gives me that chase I've been looking for. Even when I was with Maddy I couldn't find this type of excitement. Its when that bitch died and I realized Alexis had something in her is when my life has gotten let's say..interesting. Then she ran and she keeps running. That got me more excited, Alexis is so unpredictable.

A shiver ran down my spine just thinking about it.

I will find her again and this time I won't stop until she doesn't want to fight anymore. When I drained out every last ounce of fight in her and she begs for me to end her.

That's when I would take her life.

My cell phone ringing knocked me out of my thoughts. I pulled the phone out my pocket and squint through the cigarette smoke at the caller ID.When I saw it was Tyler I didn't hesitate to answer.

Tyler is my main man that can find any information for me. Being in my line of work you need someone like him.

"Did you find something?" I rushed out asking him now anxious. I heard him typing before he spoke up "good news and bad."

I leaned up in the chair and put out my cigarette. "Bad news first."

He stopped typing " I still don't know where she is." he rushed out. I loudly growled into the phone. Tyler knew he was about to hear a string of curses and threats but quickly interrupted me. " I found her and that brother of hers on a camera in the airport at check-in purchasing a ticket. There is one thing wrong with that through, there is in no record of a ticket being purchased which means-"

"Someone covered up her tracks for her." I interrupted him already knowing where he was going with this. I started to feel excited again. Alexis always had something new up her sleeve. Of course, she had someone help her.

Tyler hummed in agreement. "Get me the name and address of the person that checked her in that day" I instructed.

I started to hear him type again. "Already got it. I cleared up the image on the videotape and got an ID. Her name is Sally Richardson, live on 134 Calco Drive apt 4b." he concluded

I was about to hang up the phone when I heard him speak again "Boss another shipment is coming in tonight 150 kilos." he told me. I nodded my head, more to myself before I answered him " I remember, handle it Tyler and make sure every ounce is there not one pound missing. If there is don't give them shit and kill them." I ended the call and leaned back on the couch. A ghost of a smirk grew on my face as I twirled the phone in my hand.