Chapter 26: I'm Sorry

I KNOW I AM LATE WITH THIS UPDATE.

With the holidays coming up I was really busy and didn't get time to get this chapter for you guys but, here it is now.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS 🎄🎄🎄
--------

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS 🎄🎄🎄--------

A week later...

"So when are you going to stop cleaning?"

"When I feel like the place is clean," I answered Jalen in a duh tone as he watched me sweep the living room. "All you been doing was cleaning lately," Jalen whined behind me on the couch.

I stop sweeping and turned around and looked at a pouting Jalen. "Why don't you take this broom and start sweeping?" Jalen shook his head "Why would I do that when you are doing such an awesome job?" He smiled at me and kept eyeing the broom like it would blow up in his hands.

"Thought you wanted me to stop cleaning?" I raised an eyebrow at him "Me? no, who said that."

Before I could say anything Levi walked into the living room.

"Don't you realize you are starting to look more like Carol every day?" I looked down at myself and I was wearing baggy jeans and an oversized t-shirt, huge rubber gloves and I held the broom close to my hip.

Oh damn, I am.

I took my hands off my hip and tried slouching a little bit to weaken my posture "shut up" I grumbled. I watched Levi sit never to Jalen on the couch.

I never got to apologize to him for what I told him a week ago after my training. Actually, we haven't really talked much after he found me on the floor sitting on a bunch of glass.

The numb feeling never left, I still feel it but, I guess I learned to deal with the feeling. I have been keeping busy to detract myself from the feeling, hence the cleaning.

For the past week, I haven't spoken to anyone. In the beginning of the week, I have been getting calls non-stop but, I never answered. Not even Brandon's, especially not him. Later on, during the week Stephanie and Brandon came to my house but I told Levi to say I wasn't home.

I didn't want to see anyone. I made a promise I'm going to look out for myself now and I can't do that if I have connections to people.

"I want to play outside." Jalen continued to whine. I looked at him and held out the broom "If you can help me clean, I promise ill to go outside and play with you." Jalen eyes lightened up and he jumped off the couch but, stopped midway and squinted at me probably thinking I was up to something.

"Promise" he held out his pinky finger. I looked at his finger and back at him. I held out my pinky as he wrapped his around mine "Promise" He gave me a toothy smile, I can see the space from the missing tooth that fell out 2 days ago. He snatched the broom out my hands and started to sweep the best he can.