Chapter 16: WOW

ITS FRIDAY!!

---------------------

"Alexis!"

I was stomping to the entrance of the building, fist still clenching, heart still pounding. Don't test me Alexis, I will make your life hell and trust me I got the connections to get away with it.

I may be overreacting, because what can she do to me?

"Alexis!"

My foot moved quickly down the hall. One in front of the other. A hand on my shoulder tore me out of my anger induced trance. I turned and came face to face with an exhausted Emily.

She was breathing out loud trying to catch her breath. "Alexis..I was-" she stopped to inhale deeply and rest her hands on her knees taking a deep breath. "I was calling you...and boy do you walk fast." she exhaled as she took in another deep breath straightening out her back.

I can clearly see she doesn't run a lot. She pushed her hair behind her ears composing herself and looked back at me " Aren't you coming to lunch with all of us?" she questioned me frowning when she realized I was going the opposite direction of the cafeteria. Her breathing calming a little bit but still remained heavy.

I stood there wide eyed not knowing what to say. I wanted to leave but the longer I looked at her face I just couldn't. Her big eyes stared back at me and the fact that she was also a few inches shorter than me made the temptation to stay worse.

I peaked behind her down the hallway towards the cafeteria and then looked behind me at the front double doors only about 30 feet away. I let out a defeated sigh. "Yea im going to spend lunch with you guys."

Her big eyes shrunk a tad bit and her frown turned into a smirk like she just got what she wanted. Which she did.

She played the 'puppy dog eyes' card to get what she want. I silently shook my head, giggling to myself.

Well played.

We walked down the hallway making a right. Well let's say she dragged me down the hallway not letting go of my arm like l would at any moment bolt, and she would be right about that.

Soon she opened up to double doors and the smell of microwaved pizza and half cooked fries hit my nose almost making me gag. The buzz of voices coming from the crowded cafeteria of loud students. The walls were white and white long tables lined up in rows.

Students were lined up on the other side of the caf waiting to get lunch, while others sat by their tables eating and gossiping with friends.

Emily looked around the cafeteria like she was looking for someone. The way she pulled me made me believe she found who she was looking for.

A few more seconds of walking and my eyes land on Stephanie who seems to be bickering with Noah once again. She was yelling at him and his mouth was open mouthing her words back at her mocking her.

I noticed his blonde fluffed hair first. Brandon was sitting across from Aaron as they talked. Brandon had his usual emotionless face but it was relaxed as he conversated with Aaron.

"You knew I was going to take it!" Stephanie yelled at Noah. He rolled his eyes "so what..I still got it first!" He shot back his mouth full of something.

Stephanie stood on her feet and pounced on Noah "Spit it out!" she screeched as she placed her hands on Noah's face and tried to force his mouth open.

"Get off of me! I already ate it...Ahhh! Stop!" Noah screamed at Stephanie while her hands was still glued to his face.

"You knew I wanted that last cookie and you got it anyway!" she hollered. Brandon was staring at them bored like this was a normal thing and Aaron was trying not to laugh. Seeing Stephanie so aggressive was different because she was always so nice and anti- violent.