Chapter 3: Never Ever

Chapter song: All We know by The Chainsmokers ft Phoebe Ryan

It's my 3rd day here in this room and I'm still not use to it. I haven't changed my curtains yet so the sun shines right through it every morning waking me up.

I grumbled out a stream of curses as I pulled the sheets over my head. It should be illegal for the sun to rise so early.

The sound of my door opening had me pulling the sheets around my head tighter. "Why are you in here?" I grumbled loudly. Nobody said anything. I pulled the covers away from my head and looked towards the door. Levi was leaning on the wall just staring at me.

"May I help you?" I huffed out. It was bad enough the sun had horrible timing at rising but now Levi wants to interrupt the sleep I was not having.

He kicked off the wall taking a few steps towards me "Get ready..tomorrow is Monday..which means you guys start school and Carol wants to take you and Jalen shopping." My head flopped back on the bed. You gotta be kidding me. "I have clothes." I said before pulling the covers back over my head.

I heard his footsteps coming closer to me. He yanked the covers off of me and I felt the air hit my legs as goosebumps slowly formed. My straight face didn't falter as I stared at him "that-" he pointed to the duffle bag that was sitting in front of the closet door. "Is not enough clothes for you to even last a few days at school..so get your grumpy ass up and met Carol at the car in 15 minutes." He said quite boredly until he turned on his heel and walked out the room closing the door behind him.

No longer than a few seconds later he opened back the door, throwing something at me "and wear that."

I picked up what he threw and saw it was the cap that was once in the duffle bag.

I looked over at the clock on the wall and saw that it was only 10:30 in the morning. Who the hell goes shopping this early.

I slowly got out the bed and walked to my duffle bag. I picked it up and starting looking through it for clothes. Levi was right I didn't have enough clothes for school. I only had 2 jeans and 3 shirts in here. I pulled out a pair of jeans and a shirt and made my way to the bathroom.

20 minutes later I was ready. I took my time going downstairs. They want to wake me up from my sleep then they can wait for me to get downstairs. I heard the urgent honking coming from outside. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the front door.

When I opened the door I saw that everyone was already in the car. Levi was driving and Aunt Carol was in the passenger seat. I can see Jalen in the back seat with his cap on.

"well let's get this over with." I whispered

"Never would I ever go shopping again." I grumbled out loud as I wobbled with my bags up the steps to the front door. It was 3:00 and we are now reaching back from the mall. We would of been back earlier but Aunt Carol kept convincing me to keep picking up more clothes. After today I am convinced shopping is Aunt Carol"s favorite thing to do.

"This is so heavy." Jalen whined behind me. I turned around and saw him struggling up the steps with 3 bags in his hand. I giggled and just kicked the front door open. "You guys complain too much." Aunt Carol said walking in the house behind us with no bags in her hand.

I looked behind her and saw Levi walking in the door trying to balance out the 15 bags he was holding. "Yea say the one that isn't carrying anything." Levi huffed out while he dropped the bags at the front door. He stood up straight trying to catch his breathe. Aunt Carol rolled her eyes and walked deeper into the house.

"You guys go pack up your stuff." Aunt Carol told us as she walked to the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and grabbed all my bags because I was not making a second trip down here.