Chapter 12: Mother

Don't forget to vote for this chapter if you enjoyed it.

_________________________________________________

Brandon's Pov

The metal chains that held the bag up to the ceiling clanged together. Punch after punch I heard the chains. Sweat dripped down my forehead as I abused the punching bag in front of me.

Alexis left around 20 minutes ago and I needed to think about something else for awhile, other than her snarky comments, or the way how she looks like she doesn't care about anything but sometimes you'll see a spark of something before she covers it up, or her coffee brown eyes that-

"Ughhh!" I punched the bag watching it swing away from me and flop back in front of me. The chains clanged even louder from the impact of the punch.

I don't know why she's just floating around in my mind. There is just something about Alexis. She intrigues me and makes me want to learn about her, and that's the strange part. I don't care enough about that many people to "get to know them"

There is something mysterious about her. I don't know how to really explain it, I just have a weird feeling. What was even weirder is when I saw her space out earlier and her eyes grow watery all I wanted to do was comfort her but I ignored my urges.

To be honest, I don't like that, It's going to end up being a distraction and I have no time for distractions.

But. no matter how hard I try to ignore it, there's one question that pops into my head

"Who is Alexis Morren?"

As I asked myself that question the doorbell rang. I grabbed my shirt off the chair and threw it on as I jogged to the door. As I pulled the door open I saw Mrs. Olson, my neighbor. She was a short 70 year old women with grey hair with wrinkles imprinted all over her face. She would watch my little sister after school for me and drop her off here every day at the same time. I pulled out my phone and saw that the time read 8:30.

Right on time.

"Brandon!" Liana happily jumped into my arms to give me a hug. I pulled her tight into my body when she immediately pulled back "eww your sweaty" her face was pushed up in disgust. I laughed and put her down "bye Mrs.Olson" she cheered before running past me into the house.

"Bye, have a goodnight sweetie." Mrs.Olson called back with a warm smile on her face. Her eyes then landed on me. "Thank you for watching her." I smiled at her. I kinda felt bad that she watched Liana everyday without charge.

"What did I tell you about always thanking me, I'll watch that child whenever you like." she playfully scolded me. I lift my hands up in surrender "fine, fine"

Her eyes settled down a bit "are you okay Brandon, do you need anything?"

She knew about my situation and always wanted to help but I would never let her. She did enough. "I'm fine"

She seems unconvinced "Brandon, if you need anything please tell me... okay?" 

"Mrs. Olson we're okay"

I guess she took the hint because she pulled me into a gentle hug. She smelled like vanilla and lavender which seem to calm me. She pulled away and tapped my shoulder with her hand before walking away.

I walked inside and closed the door before walking into the living room. Liana was sitting on the couch and flipping through channels when I walked in. "Hungry?" I asked walking past her into the kitchen. "Starving!" she dragged out like she hasn't eaten in weeks.

"Pizza it is." I laughed as I grabbed the phone to order. A few minutes later I plopped onto the couch next to Liana as she watched Spongebob. His contagious laugh boomed through the living room. "Where's mom?" She asked now looking at me. Her lips were pulled into a frown when she asked.