Chapter 2: Get Out Alive

Arianna gripped the steering wheel tightly as she drove down the thin and narrow path, leading to Goodwell. Phoebe checks over her machete and rifle that she took from Owen, deeming him unworthy to wield it in his possession. Owen was in the backseat with his legs in his arms, rocking himself to calm down. He looked out the window with fear. starting to sweat from the adrenaline in him. Then he looked up to Arianna.

Owen: w-we shouldn't be doing this. we should just turn around. Things might be ok if we just turn around.

Arianna: Yeah, im not doing that. If you want to jump out now and deal with road rash then more will to you.

Owen unlocks his door and seriously debates it within his frame of mind. But as he unlocked the door, Arianna started to pick up speed. Knowing that it would worsen the damage that was caused if Owen were to jump out. He knows this as well and relocked the door. deciding to just wait it out.

Owen: j-just be sure to stop before you make it outside of Goodwell.

Pheobe: dude, why are you so scared about this? It's not like it could be as bad as Miguel was.

Owen: Thats because you have no idea what you are dealing with. If you get past Goodwell, then theres a chance you might not make it out alive. And you want to get out alive while you can.

Arianna: oh look. We're at Goodwell. Sure is faster to take the back roads than the highway. Too bad theres not really a back road to take to Guymon.

Owen: well fuck. I blame you for this. we could have escaped but no.

Arianna: I swear to god if you do not calm down, then I will hurt you.

Arianna slows down as she turns right and makes it onto the highway, then she continues to drive east and through the tiny town. Phoebe glanced at the college and saw living people walking around. But that soon slipped her mind as she looked down the highway. at the very end of where the road cuts off in her vision was the faint appearance of a large box blocking the road. Arianna tilted her head as she saw it too and drove quicker out of curiosity. Owen whimpered and sat back in his seat.

As the box got closer and closer, Arianna and Phoebe started seeing how the box was actually a long bus. There were pickup trucks parked right against the sides to form a wall. then on the other side of the bus was a Semi truck with a cow trailer. Corrugated steel sheets were welded onto the sides of the trailer for protection. The bus was doing a lot of mysterious shaking about with the passenger entrance door facing towards them. Arianna stopped the car 30 feet away from the bus.

A loud feminine voice boomed over the bus. Arianna and Phoebe listened closely while Owen was cowering in fear as he knew what this was. Arianna gripped her sword instead of the steering wheel now. Phoebe even held her machete and Assault rifle in both hands. the voice continued to speak.

Voice: Hello. Step out of the vehicle. Everyone. Now...

Arianna sighed and did as was told. She unlocked the car and swung the door open. She proceeded to step out. leaving her sword in the car in case. Phoebe did the same. leaving the rifle and machete in the seat as she left and stood beside the car, bravely. Owen stayed huddled up in the back seat and tried to avoid the ordeal happening. Until the voice came back.

Voice: You too chicken shit... I know you're back there. Shit, i can see you. Best to just come out and deal with whats at hand.

Owen reluctantly had to do so, they knew about him. So he opened his door really slowly and stepped out. His legs and arms were shaking. he felt sick to his stomach as she stood up straight and tried to put on a brave face. staring directly at the bus with sweat dripping down his face. Arianna rolled her eyes as she thought he was over exaggerating. Phoebe did think it was odd but rolled with it and kept her composure. Owen stood for a few seconds and he was thinking things were ok. there was silence all around until a gun shot went off.