Chapter 4: Dirty Paws

The small convoy of armored vehicles speeds down the road. Going straight for Guymon. The convoy takes a left turn straight down main street. An action that would have once been illegal until now. For trucks were never allowed down the narrow brick street, but it was just a path for anyone to take. Arianna and Pheobe were sitting down in the tractor trailer. Buddy still drank himself another 2 whiskey full glasses. Arianna tried to grunt to get the buzzing man back on track. 

Arianna: Ahem~

Buddy: Wha? OH- right i forgot. pardon me, dears. A couple drinks too many and i feel a little... swell. 

Arianna: That's fine and all, but you were on the point of tasks?

Buddy: ah, yes we were. I was going to say that we at the Kingdom of Pardorin, Have a wonderful job system and we are currently working on an economic system. It will suffice as such for now. as we are a new faction in this crazy world. 

Buddy proceeded to giggle and put the whiskey bottle and glass away in his desk. Then he opened a creaky top drawer. grabbing a lighter and a cigar. He lit it carefully and blissfully took a hit off it. Blowing the smoke straight up. Leaning back into his chair to sigh. then returned his gaze back to Arianna and Pheobe sitting right in front of him.

Buddy: You know. I believe i have perfect jobs for you two. I currently need a new scavenger and an Accolade. Either of you want to fill out the positions?

Pheobe: Accolade? You mean one of those people who looks after the elderly folks?

Buddy: Indeed, no one ever wants to fill the role. Apparently there's too much coughing and too many blanking patients. Not the best thing people want to be dealing with right now. And you, other miss, Care to be a scavenger?

Arianna: w-well not particularly.

Buddy: ehhh you'll be fine. And its final. Arianna is the scavenger and Pheobe is the Accolade.

The convoy slowed down as it entered through the gate. The corrugated steel that rolled back on wheels to let the many Vehicles inside. The convoy turned left and drove around in a circle to park facing towards the entrance. Then all the motors were killed and everything went quiet. The 15 foot steel gate was rolled shut again and guards were back up top to watch. Arianna and Pheobe knew they had stopped. Due to the loud footsteps of two men coming towards the trailer door. Suddenly sunlight and loud clink of rusted hinges opening let them all know that others had joined them. Arianna stood up and grabbed her sword. Pheobe even reached for her rifle and aimed. The action caused Buddy to laugh and chuckle. Arianna took his laughter as a sign that things were ok and she lowered her sword. Pheobe only did the same with her rifle only after she watched Arianna disarm herself. The two men showed themselves and presented their military apparel. Two assault rifles wrapped around each ones backs. The sight of the firepower made Pheobe shiver. 

Buddy: Ahh welcome back Joe and Moe. 

Moe: I swear to god. How many times have I told you, Its Harvey. Not fucking "Moe"

Joe: whoa calm down Moe. Its just a nickname. Anyway, How's it goin Buddy?

Buddy: Oh nothing much. Got new recruits. The shorter woman goes to the pharmacy. The taller one needs to go to scavenger training. 

Joe: Is that all? 

Buddy: Nooo... I want you to get under the desk and give me a suck job. YES thats all you fucktard! 

Joe laughed off the remarks and buddy laughed as well. Even Moe joined in. Leaving Arianna and Pheobe to be confused and curious about all of this. Joe and buddy were the first to finish laughing. Moe kept going and Joe punched him directly in the kidney. Moe screamed in pain and quivered as he fell over. Causing Joe and Buddy to laugh again. Moe weakly laughed and coughed greatly. Trying not to cry.