Chapter 11~Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Start from the beginning

            She gasped, “Holy shit! He rides your bus?!”

I pressed my lips into a frosty taut line, realizing my outburst, “I have to go.” I stated dismissively as I started for my bus.

She caught my arm but I shook her off, caring less of her battered feelings, “Just leave me. Today hasn’t been my day and I am in no mood for your preaching—I get enough of that from the teachers.”

            I sauntered off in the aching cold, just as she called out, “Be careful though, okay?”

            “Whatever,” I grumbled, hopping on the bus. Thanking the blistering heat that welcomed me as I climbed further in. Inside there was less people than usual, however Nahuel did happen to be present this time—and just to be the jerk he truly is—he took comfort of my seat up front. As our eyes met, his lips quirked into a devilish grin and his eyes glinted darkly. They gave nothing away. I averted my gaze hastily, stumbling down the narrow walkway to sit elsewhere—as far from him as possible. Suddenly a pair of arms snaked around my waist—powerful and constricting—propelling me back to the first seat. My rear end never connected with the seat though; instead it connected with the flesh of two long muscular legs.

            “Hola mi nena,” he growled huskily into my ear while cradling me in his lap. I felt blood flush my face, as my body set on fire.

            I began to squirm, “let go of me,”

He tightened his grip, nuzzling his face against the crook of my neck. “Why?” he murmured, his hot breath lifting Goosebumps on my sensitive skin. “I thought we could just cuddle intensely all the way home.”

My breath hitched, and I swallowed hard before being able to answer him again. “Let me go…or else I’ll scream.”

He pulled back, eying me with lifted brows, “brave little soul, but it takes a lot more to threaten me.”

            “I mean it,” my voice suddenly hardened, gaining the strength it needed, “you wouldn’t want to mess with me, Nahuel. You don’t know me enough to know what I am capable of.”

For the first time, I saw him hesitate. Just the slightest bit. Then it was gone and his handsome face smoothed out into a stoic mask.

            “I’m not sure,” he started, leaning in close enough that our breaths mingled between us, “what it is about you dear Elaine—that’s so intriguing. You’re like a mystery box, and I really want to know what treasures you hold inside.” He slid a seductive hand up the length of my thigh, curving those long confidant fingers in a half circle by my inner thigh—too close to my intimate box. I flinched away.

            He sighed deeply, lifting me gingerly—and almost too effortlessly—from his lap onto the empty space beside him. Turning away from me as something outside the closed window caught his undivided attention.

            I remained still beside him—Ms. Linda having already removed the parking brakes on the bus sending us on our way home—clearing my throat of the knot that formed at the base of my gutter.

            “I take it,” my voice croaked, “you aren’t going to leave me alone anytime soon, huh.”

            “Nope.” He smirked—popping the ‘P’—his steamy breath creating a cloud of fog on the window. “But just to demonstrate my generosity, I’ll cut you a deal. I’ll leave you alone for a while so you can…adapt a bit more.”

            That sent a jolt of interest to whip through my body. My head snapped towards him, “What are you saying?”

He chuckled to himself, amused by it all. Then he angled his torso in a way that he was half facing me. His expression alight with dark excitement “Just as you heard. I’ll leave you alone—ah but only temporarily.” He added when my lips began to stretch into a delighted smile.