31.

1 week later...

KAYLA

"Alright I'm on my way.." I say before hanging the phone up. "Who was that?" Kyree asks me walking in. "Kaylee's teacher." I scoff. "What She Do this time?" Kyree asks me. "The teacher said Kaylee has an attitude and she told Kaylee to lose it. Kaylee responded with the phrase fuck it out of me then." I say to him.

"She got that from you didn't she?" He asks me as he puts another grape in his mouth. "Yeah this is all my fault. I shouldn't be saying stuff like that anyways." I say running my fingers through my hair. "It's not all your fault Kaylee knows what a swear word is and she knows she's not allowed to say it. You need to start beating her ass instead of letting her hold the weight ball, cause she know she not grown." Kyree says.

"You right." I mumble standing up. "I'm boutta gone on and go up there. I'll be back." I say to him getting on my tippy toes and kissing him. He kisses me back before hugging me. "Love you. Be safe. Stay in touch." He says to me. "I love you too. I will." I say grabbing my purse, keys, and phone off the bed and leaving.

Traffic was backed up so when I finally got to the school I saw that no one was in the office. I walked up to the door going in. "Mam. I'm gonna ask that you come hide behind here with us! This is a lock down! Someone has broke into the school with guns and have outside shooters! We must stay hidden!" The lady at the desk whisper yells before I bullet goes through the window and close to my face.

I jump behind the desk pulling my gun out. "Kayla I'm scared!" Kaylee says running from up under her chair. "Kaylee get back down!" I say as I try to locate the shooter outside. "C'mon Kayla! Let's go home!" Kaylee says before I notice a red dot on her grey Nike jacket. "Kaylee!" I scream hopping up and over the desk right before she got shot falling to the ground.

"Fuck!" I scream as run over to her as she screams. I drag her out of sight. I take my shirt off ripping a strip from it with my teeth. "Kaylee calm down. C'mon baby you gotta breath." I say as I take her coat off. "Kaylee I'm here. Calm down Okay. Look! Look! Breath slowly! In—and out." I say breathing with her as she calms down with tears still running down her face.

I lift her shirt up looking at the bullet womb on the side of her stomach. "This is gonna hurt okay." I say. She nods her head continuing to breath. I put pressure on the womb making her scream out. "Call the police!" I yell at the woman. "I can't. They disconnected all the phones!" She says. "Get my phone out of my purse!" I snap on her making her do as said.

I elevate Kaylee to where she sitting up a little in my arms. "Kaylee stay up." I say as she keeps going in and out. "Sing a song." I say slapping her face. "Kayla I wanna go home!" She whimpers as she starts spitting up blood. "Kayla stop talking." I say shaking my head as let my tears drop on her as she coughs up more blood. I hear sirens before the door busts open causing the office to immediately swarm with police.

They help me get Kaylee up and on the ambulance bed. I get in with them checking my pockets but I don't have my phone. I sit down holding Kaylee's hand as I cry saying a silent prayer. Sooner than later they got her to the hospital. I jumped out the truck as hey rolled her out still trying to keep her live.

One of the teachers from the school randomly comes up to me giving me my phone. I snatch it away running to catch up with Kaylee as they rush into the hospital. "Kayla am I dying?" Kaylee asks me. "No!" I say as they put the mask on her. I followed them until they got to the emergency room.

I sit in the waiting room. I've been here too many times. I'm so tired of this! I swear to God I'm coming for throats and that's on my momma! Who the fuck would want to shoot somebody. They aimed right at me and Kaylee. "Are you Kayla?" I hear someone ask. I look up and see the police. "Yeah." I say wiping my tears as I sit up in my seat.