7.

KAYLA

Im in the car with Jerry as he drives me to school. I'm still stuck on how my mom acted at dinner last night.

"Do you wanna go shopping and get your nails done after school?" Jerry asks looking at me. "I can't, I have to go to work. I can't miss my first day" I say laughing. "You don't have to do allat work shit" he says handing me a $100 dollar bill.

"Thanks Jerry, but I wanna be able to be independent. Momma told me that's one of the mistakes she made in her life so I don't wanna make it" I say trying to hand him his money back. "Keep it, you can start saving up for college" He says looking back on the road.

I nod putting the money in my purse. I look out the window as we pass the dark, dirty alley we always go pass heading to school. I take my seat belt off as Jerry pulls up to my school. I get out. "Bye girlfriend" he jokes smiling. "Bye Jerry" I say laughing. He so stupid.

I walk into the school and to my locker. I empty my backpack of books and get my 1 inch binder and folder for my Publication class. I grab my phone charger and put it in my back pack along with my phone. I get my New Mac Book Pro that Jerry bought me for school, and he got me another one for my personal computer.

I go to my first period right before the bell rings. "You're late" Ms.Cook says. "No I didn't I got here right before the bell" I say. "Tardy" she says. "I don't even care anymore" I say rolling my eyes and taking a seat. I don't see Grace in here.

"Today y'all are going to be interviewing some people today, you chose Friday who you were going to interview with your partner. So I'm gonna go on and write y'all pass. All I can say is stay out of trouble" She announces.

She wrote us our pass and I left out. Grace was my partner but I don't see her. I go to the gym where the boys are usually playing. I sit in the risers and pull my phone out. I go to Grace's contact and call her. "Ayo" she answers. "Ayo, where you at?" I ask. "I'm skipping" she says. "You had me worried sick about you, make your way to the football field so we can get this done" I say standing.

"Damn she fine as fuck! Look at dat ass bro!" I hear one of the boys tell another dude. I roll my eyes flipping my hair and leaving out. I make it to the football field. These boys are so fine. But ian looking for no relationship. I'm too young.

After interviewing some of them, I had to go to Girl Intermural's class. Me and Grace still had to put the camera and everything up in the room. When we got to the room the door was closed and locked, and the light was cut off. "Damn!" I say. "This about to be my 5th tardy, they gone send me to ISS and call my momma"I say getting pissed clean off.

We had to walk to the office and they didn't know where she was. So we had to walk around this big ass school, with Hess heavy ass news cameras. We found her in the cafeteria eating lunch and she told us she would take the cameras with her. By time we we're making it to 2nd period the 3rd bell ring had rong.

This is gonna be a long day. Especially when I get home. I already gave Grace the money to pay the doctor off.

I get out the car with Jerry and go into the house. I see my mom with a belt in her hand. "So you being fast now?" She asks. "Huh?" I ask confused. "So you being fast now! You skipped a class and they said the last place they saw you was with the boys football team!" She says glaring at me.

"That's because I had to interview them for my publication class" I say getting scared. "So it take 2 whole classes to interview some dirty dick boys!" She yells hitting me with the belt. She kept going until she got tired. "Get your fast upstairs!" She tells pointing at the stairs. I get up and run up the stairs crying.

I close and lock my door. I jump on my bed crying into my pillow. I pull my notebook from under the bed.

It's time to be honest...my momma is different now that Jerry has came. I'm talking bout good and bad different. She's happy now that he's in our life, he's caring for Kaylee like she's his, and all. But my mom is being unnecessarily mean to us. Last night at dinner she punched Ken and, earlier that day she told him "Now I see why your dad beat the shit outta you!". That had me startled and I now Ken's feelings was hurt. She went off on me too. She whooped me today for accidentally skipping class. My mom use to always be the caring person and she would listen to you now matter what level of mad she was on, even she if she was to the point of no return she would listen. But not today. If you ask me I feel like she taking her feelings out on us. But what anger could she possibly have? I know my dad and life put her through it so I guess I can't really blame her...I guess. My mom she doesn't watch Kaylee AT ALL, that is a guaranteed fact.  It's either me or Jerry caring for her. My mom doesn't do anything for her. And I understand that she didn't want Kaylee and all, and that Kaylee was conceived as a rape baby, but still. You should love all your children, rather it's a rape baby or not. Point, blank, period.

I close my book and wipe my tears. I put it back under my bed. I look at my arms and legs and see purple bruises covering them. I cannot go to work like this. I close and lock my door and go take my shower.

When I got out I put on my navy green Nike sweat shirt, and some spandex tights to cover my bruises. I grab my stuff and head across the hall to my mom's room.

I see Kaylee in the crib crying with my mom sitting on the bed watching tv. I decide not to say anything. I grab her and start rocking her. "Why the fuck are you dressed up?" She asks. "I have to go to work" I answer. She rolls her eyes looking back at the tv.

Jerry walks in the room. "Come on" he says kissing my mom on the forehead making her smile. "Huh?" I ask. "You gotta go to work" he says grabbing Kaylee's car seat. "Oh yeA" I say. I grab Kaylee's car seat putting it on the bed. I strap her in, and we head out.

"Me and your mom will be leaving this Wednesday and we'll be back either Thursday or Friday depending on what goes down" Jerry informs me. "For what?" I ask. "To meet Kaylee's dad, then we gotta get a DNA test and we'll take it from there" he says. I nod my head.

I unbuckle my seatbelt as he pulls up. "You need me to walk you?" Jerry asks. I shake my head no. "I got it" I say getting out. "Bye girlfriend" he jokes smiling. I wave "bye Jerry, Bye mama" I say to Kaylee before walking off.

-
-
COMMENT
-
VOTE
-
Luv you, bye❤️
-
-